CRM Targeting RRS feed

• Question

• Dear All,

I'm currently working on selling and promoting Microsoft Dynamics CRM, and I need to ask you, based on your experience, when targeting a new company or group, which person is the best to target first? is it the IT manager, Sales manager, Marketing manager???

I would apreciate any advice you might have for me.
    Wednesday, March 10, 2010 2:58 PM

Answers

• For what I know, a CRM project is more than often a functional project before being an IT project...

The first target would be the Sales director (for sales force automation), Hotline director (for hotline purposes), etc. Anyway, a functional Manager
    My blog : http://mscrmtools.blogspot.com
    You will find:
    Form Javascript Manager (export/import javascript from forms)
    ISV.Config Manager (graphical ISV.config edition - export/import)
    View Layout replicator (customize one view and replicate to others)
    And others (use tool tag on my blog)
    Wednesday, March 10, 2010 3:23 PM

All replies

• Hi Elie, the person who is responsible for evaluating CRM solutions varies widely from organisation to organisation, and is sometimes the same or different to the person who authorises the purchase. Sometimes it'll depend on which industry and size of company you are targeting, but it can be different for companies of a similar size in the same industry. I've seen people with all of the above job titles, and many, many more, be responsible for evaluating and purchasing CRM.

A better approach might be to consider how you're company has helped sales managers at existing customers get the results they wanted using CRM (ask them, get case studies written, get some references from them), so that when you're talking to a sales manager at a prospect company your conversation is likely to be more relevant. Do the same for IT managers, marketing managers, finance managers, operations managers, customer service managers, business owners/executives, IT analysts/consultants, etc.

Hope this helps.

Neil
    Wednesday, March 10, 2010 3:09 PM
  • For what I know, a CRM project is more than often a functional project before being an IT project...

The first target would be the Sales director (for sales force automation), Hotline director (for hotline purposes), etc. Anyway, a functional Manager
    My blog : http://mscrmtools.blogspot.com
    You will find:
    Form Javascript Manager (export/import javascript from forms)
    ISV.Config Manager (graphical ISV.config edition - export/import)
    View Layout replicator (customize one view and replicate to others)
    And others (use tool tag on my blog)
    Wednesday, March 10, 2010 3:23 PM
  • Thank you all for your reply, actually what i am doing right now, and since the company where i am right now is a startup company, i'm trying to make my own research for this matter, i usually handle the erp selling and i do a great job in it, i know who to target and what to offer him, but i'm kinda new to the crm industry nevertheless i like it and i consider it to be a crucial part of any major business that is client oriented.
    my main markets will be the banking, insurance and telecome operators, caus i know how critical a client is for the three of them and how hard it is to keep one.
    i searched for some case studies and i'm building the big picture in my head regarding the beenfits of the crm in each and every industry, but i was simply not sure who to speack to, i personally never like to speack to an IT manager, caus they waste your time with all the technical ____ and they always want to show you that they are verry good at it etc... i was thinking more into targeting either the sales manager, marketing or customer relation manager.

well thank you once more for your help and i'll let you know about what i will discover :)
    Wednesday, March 10, 2010 4:02 PM