Contact sync message - how to find records? RRS feed

• Question

• Hoping someone can help me on this one?

Client is running CRM 2011 on-premise. 

Whenever one of our users manually hits the synchronise button in Outlook 2010 he always gets the following message as shown below.

Does any know how to find out who the 21 contacts are? Sometimes the number will change, even though no new contacts are being added to the system. 

I've checked the local data filters and this particular user is syncing all ACTIVE Contacts in the system. I also checked the trace logs created by the Outlook diagnostic client and could see no meaningful info there.

The outcome I would like to have is that the message does not state I have 21 contacts synchronised every time we run a sync.

Tuesday, June 5, 2012 6:07 AM

All replies

• Just checking back in to see if anyone has any clues as to where I can begin looking to find which Contacts are consistently being synced?

This seems to be quite a common message so would assume this has been looked at previously?

Appreciate any feedback.

Wednesday, June 6, 2012 11:41 PM
  • CRM for Outlook will sync all contacts that have been updated in CRM or Outlook. One way to find them would be to open the All Active Contacts view in CRM and sort them by Modified On date. The top 21 contacts are probably the contacts syncing with this users Outlook Contacts folder.

Neil Benson, CRM Addict and MVP at Slalom Consulting. Find me on Twitter. Join over 20,000 other CRM professionals on the Microsoft Dynamics CRM group on LinkedIn.

Wednesday, June 6, 2012 11:58 PM
  • Hi Neil

No such luck i'm afraid. His My Active Contacts displays only 14 contacts.

I would have thought that when a contact is synced and the record remains unchanged until the next time a sync is run, that the window would then show 0 contacts being synced as nothing has changed.

I know with appointments only the new appointments appear in this window so it's as if the 21 Contact records are being updated constantly.

Anymore pears of wisdom? :)

Friday, June 8, 2012 6:30 AM