SQL task execution in parallel sharing same connection manager failing intermittently RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys,

I have a SSIS Package  which is having  two  SQL task runs in parallel and both using the same  SQL connection manager. lets say- Stage.conmgr

Sometimes the package is failing on one of these two SQL task which run in parallel. It is intermittent issue- mostly success but sometimes failure.

Below error is returned by SSIS-

failed with the following error: "Connection is busy with results for another command". Possible failure reasons: Problems with the query, "ResultSet" property not set correctly, parameters not set correctly, or connection not established correctly.

What i am thinking is that   both the task starting exactly same time and using the same connection so it is busy as   the error says, so if I create a new connection of the same DB (lets say Stage1.conmgr) and assign this  connection to one of these two task, it will solve the issue.

Any thought on this please !!

Regards,

Avhilash

Thursday, November 5, 2020 1:57 PM

All replies

• Hi Avhilash,
    Based on your description, it is mostly related to SQL and SSIS. So I suggest you ask the question on the Microsoft Q&A forum and you can get more professional answer.
    Thank you for your understanding.
    Best Regards,
    Daniel Zhang

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 6, 2020 3:06 AM