CRM 4.0 - Add User Error RRS feed

• Question

•  

We are evaluating CRM 4.0 and were about to go live with the system when we discovered that we cannot add anymore users. We have an enterprise evaluation so it should be unlimited (from my understanding).

We currently only have 3 users on the system and have tried adding users 1 at a time as well as adding of multiple users at one time...neither seems to work. We just get an error when trying to save the user that says

"An error has occured. Try this action again or..." What is really strange is that there doesn't appear to be an specific error information in the log files either.

All the users are in the same domain, on the same server as CRM, and it is a very straight forward setup of Windows Server 2003 with all the updates recommended by MS.

With CRM 3.0 we could add users just fine...this seems to be a new issue w/ CRM 4.0. Someone did mention in another forum that they found "errors in their MSCRM_CONFIG database" ...could this be an issue?

Any assistance would be appreciated!

Thursday, March 27, 2008 4:05 PM

Answers

• It's the web.config file in the root of the CRM website; the folder where you also have loader.aspx.

When you enable this, you will see a more detailed error dialog in the CRM application

Friday, March 28, 2008 9:44 AM

All replies

• I'd first try setting DevErrors to On in the web.config file to get more information on the error message.

Thursday, March 27, 2008 7:02 PM
  •  

And once I enable this option where does the log file get stored or where can I see details about the error? I assume it would be the web.config file in Inetpub/www  - correct?
    Thursday, March 27, 2008 7:09 PM
  • It's the web.config file in the root of the CRM website; the folder where you also have loader.aspx.

When you enable this, you will see a more detailed error dialog in the CRM application

Friday, March 28, 2008 9:44 AM
  • Dear, Chris,

Check the user active directory and debug,

http://blogs.msdn.com/benlec/archive/2008/03/04/crmdiagtool4-for-microsoft-crm-4-0-has-been-released.aspx

Regards,

Imran

Monday, April 7, 2008 1:50 PM
  • Hello Chris,

You solved the problem?

I have the seam issue and i want know what happen.

Thanks,

Alexandra

Friday, April 25, 2008 8:24 PM
  • Nope...never did solve it. We just re-installed on a different server since we didn't have that much "into it" at that point. We haven't had that problem since.

We're just crossing our fingers that it never happens again Smile

Friday, April 25, 2008 9:00 PM
  •  

We had a similar problem, we could not create a new user in our CRM 4.0. Somewhere we found that in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSCRM you should set a registry key AutoGroupManagementOff to value 1 (false).

After changing this key from 0 to 1 we were able again to insert  new users.

Maybe this can help.

Friday, September 12, 2008 9:31 AM
  •  Vladimir Zečević wrote:

We had a similar problem, we could not create a new user in our CRM 4.0. Somewhere we found that in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSCRM you should set a registry key AutoGroupManagementOff to value 1 (false).

After changing this key from 0 to 1 we were able again to insert  new users.

Maybe this can help.

Thanks a lot Vladminir!

That certainly helped me.

Tuesday, October 7, 2008 8:21 AM
  • You are a life saver. I've spent the last 3 days trying to get this to work, trauling through logs.  Thank you so much. I might even sleep tonight    Darren

Wednesday, November 5, 2008 8:46 PM
  • VERY useful - thanks alot for the excellent advice.
    ...just another IT admin trying to keep up
    Thursday, May 5, 2011 1:33 PM