Installation Error: System.Exception: Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.GrantAspNetServiceAccountAccessAction failed. ---> System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access is denied. RRS feed

• Question

• I created the required security groups through Quest software. I do not have direct access to our AD but through Quest: I can manage my OU by creating user/account/group and manage these.

Everything went smoothly: DB created, CRM web site created, Deployment web service created.

The setup process stuck in creating Organization web service with the error:

Info| Executing Install action: Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.GrantAspNetServiceAccountAccessAction
    09:57:00|  Error| System.Exception: Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.GrantAspNetServiceAccountAccessAction failed. ---> System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access is denied.

at System.DirectoryServices.Interop.UnsafeNativeMethods.IAds.SetInfo()
       at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.CommitChanges()
       at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.Utility.ADUtility.GrantAccess(DirectoryEntry groupEntry, String accountName)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.GrantAccessToServiceAcountAction.Do(IDictionary parameters)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.CrmAction.ExecuteAction(CrmAction action, IDictionary parameters, Boolean undo)
       --- End of inner exception stack trace

This happened after the CRM App Pool added to security Group:

Executing Install action: Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.AddAspNetServiceAccountToPrivilegedUserGroupAction

What special permission needs to be added to the AD group for the CRM App Pool account?

Did not see any documents?

Thanks,

Thursday, June 13, 2013 2:12 PM

Answers

• need to set this to avoid that AD manipulation:

<

Groups autogroupmanagementoff="true">I added the groups in this node but forgot to change that to true.
    • Marked as answer by Guangming Thursday, June 13, 2013 7:37 PM
    Thursday, June 13, 2013 7:37 PM

All replies

• The account that you use to install CRM must have rights to modify the membership of the AD security groups.

Microsoft CRM MVP - http://mscrmuk.blogspot.com/ http://www.excitation.co.uk

Thursday, June 13, 2013 3:47 PM
  • need to set this to avoid that AD manipulation:

<

Groups autogroupmanagementoff="true">I added the groups in this node but forgot to change that to true.
    • Marked as answer by Guangming Thursday, June 13, 2013 7:37 PM
    Thursday, June 13, 2013 7:37 PM
  • How and where i cange it? i have the same problem???
    Sunday, June 1, 2014 6:03 AM