Problems with vista activation RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I bought a Compaq Presario about 5 months ago with Vista Home Premium pre-installed. I began experiencing many problems with it, and the recovery wizard wouldn't run, so I had to reinstall Vista. Alas, I found out that I have to activate vista, so I tried to do so online, yet I get the message saying that "the key you provided is invalid, we recommend using the automated phone activation service... etc"  I tried using the automated phone service, I called and provided the operator with the ID numbers that were generated and I was told that they would send me an email in a few hours giving me further instructions... The thing is, that was yesterday, and I still haven't received anything at all from them, and I only have 1 day left for activation. What should I do??? I need this laptop reactivated ASAP for college! Any help would be greatly appretiated.
    Saturday, November 24, 2007 3:09 AM

Answers

All replies

• hey just return the computer and see the cost and get the money to buy laptop see i am only 12

Saturday, November 24, 2007 4:37 AM
  • The problems I was experiencing was with the Windows Vista operating system. It wasn't hardware failure, I know it because ever since I reinstalled Vista it worked perfectly, so I doubt the store would accept the return and give me a refund.

Saturday, November 24, 2007 4:41 AM
  • Did you use Compaq's recommended Windows Vista recovery method?

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/fastFaqLiteDocument?lc=en&cc=gb&dlc=en&docname=c00882383

If not, you need to order the proper HP/Compaq recovery discs:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/fastFaqLiteDocument?lc=en&cc=gb&dlc=en&docname=bph07143

Saturday, November 24, 2007 6:11 PM
  •  

I tried using recovery, and it failed for some reason. I tried to create a recovery disk set before, and when I inserted a blank DVD it said it wasn't blank at all. Be advised that my laptop has DVD-RW so it should be able to use it. I tried on several blank DVD-Rs and they all failed to be read by the recovery manager.

I guess I have no other choice but to try and order a recovery disk set from HP. Thanks.

Sunday, November 25, 2007 2:29 AM