Workflow not triggering ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am working on MSCRM organization migration from 2011 to 2015.

The steps i am following.

1- First of all i have taken the .bak file from production server (From client server).

2- Created development environment at my local environment.

3- Created organization using same .bak file using deployment manager by importing organization.

Organization imported without any failure but when i am triggering any workflow its not working. (not anyone workflow working).

to resolving this i restarted the server, checked Async service is running, and user has Administrator Role in organization.

Dear all, kindly let me know what i have check to run the workflows.

Thanks in Advance.

Monday, April 13, 2015 2:52 PM

Answers

All replies

• Sounds like you have done everything correctly, so this is a strange one.  Have you checked in Settings > System jobs to see if the workflows are in 'waiting' status, or are they not executing at all?  I think you were on the right track with checking the Async service if they are not running at all.

If you go to Settings > Processes > All Processes...do all the workflows show in the list?  Are they activated?

Who is the 'owner' of the Processes/Workflows?

What Scope are the workflows set to run in, User or Organization?

Do other areas of the system...adding new records, editing records...are they all working properly?

Monday, April 13, 2015 7:05 PM
  • Hi,

If the Async services are running and the workflow is activated with the owner and scope set properly then it should work. You can try creating a new ondemand workflow to check it that works...  Then you can narrow down on issues whether its issue with imported workflows or not. Meanwhile check system jobs for any error, and u can also enable trace to check if that shows any error.

Thanks,

Prasad

Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.

• Proposed as answer by Abhishek73 Wednesday, April 15, 2015 4:23 AM
    Tuesday, April 14, 2015 4:26 AM
  • Chris,

Thanks for your reply.

I had check with creating new workflow, even that workflow not triggered.

Tuesday, April 14, 2015 4:47 AM
  • Hi Parsad,

Thanks for your reply.

I had check with creating new workflow, even that workflow was not triggered.

Tuesday, April 14, 2015 4:50 AM
  • Brother, now the workflow is working fin, i just removed system job records and restarted the machine.
    Tuesday, April 14, 2015 5:15 AM
  • Prasad. Good job on helping troubleshoot the issue.

Curtis J Spanburgh

Tuesday, April 14, 2015 11:54 PM