What is the best way to pointe Windows 7 to my music, pictures, videos..... RRS feed

• Question

• WMP12 and libraries do not want to play nice with my WHS.  Libraries wont point to the WHS because they are not indexed, yet i cant find a way to index those folders.

WMP12 if i point to the folder on the network, will find my media, but keeps rebuilding the files every time i use it.  With a 600gig media libray, that wont work.
    Tuesday, November 10, 2009 5:02 PM

All replies

• Try mapping your WHS network drive as a local drive on your client (so that it has a letter assigned to it e.g. G:) and make sure it reconnects at each reeboot.

Phil
    Tuesday, November 10, 2009 6:14 PM
  • Ensure you have PP2 installed and in the WHS console in settings there is a share for Windows media Center.  Ensure tha you have this set up and that the user account you are logging into has access to the shares and the user group.  if everything is set up right, when you launch Windows Media center in Windows 7 it will pop up with a note that says it has detected the shares on the WHS box and all should work well.   PP3 due later this year should add even more function to this.

Max
    WHS_retail version
    Friday, November 13, 2009 9:28 PM