Synchronization Framework 2.1 Errors on Provisioning RRS feed

• Question

• I have a SQL 2008 R2 database that has been synchronizing fine under Framework 2.0, but now that I have upgraded to 2.1 I now get errors during provisioning. Currently I have 3 scopes. 2 out of the 3 provision just fine, but the 3rd one throws this error: The target table 'base' of the MERGE statement cannot have any enabled rules.  Found rule 'R_GreaterThanZero'.

I thought this had something to do with the new bulk CUD operations so I added SetUseBulkProceduresDefault(false); to see if it resolved the error. However it did not. Also at what level does the database compatibility need to be? I had to bump this one to 100 in order for it to try and provision.

Any ideas or suggestions would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks!

Monday, August 30, 2010 1:44 PM

Answers

• i think it's a SQL error.  try checking your database if there are any rules associated to the table included in the scope you're provisioning. see MERGE documentation: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb510625.aspx

to check, using SQL Management Studio, the rules will be under the Programmability folder of your database.

also, if the table you're trying to set setUseBulkProceduresDefault=false is included in another scope that has setUseBulkProceduresDefault=true, the set setUseBulkProceduresDefault=false will not take effect.

Monday, August 30, 2010 2:22 PM