none
MCTS Certification RRS feed

• Question

• I am about to take my MCTS exams. I'd like to know what the real world value of this certification is, what doors can this open for me.

Sunday, November 21, 2010 5:30 PM

Answers

• Much depends upon WHICH MCTS exam(s) you'll take. 

Certification in and of itself helps verify your knowledge.  That in and of itself has value.

Sunday, November 21, 2010 7:14 PM
    Answerer
  • I'm taking the following Application Development Foundation, Windows Forms Development, ADO.NET, Windows Communication Foundation and then an MCPD afterwards. I'm an avid developer but have a degree in an unrelated field. How will be my job prospects be in the development arena based on the Microsoft Certifications. Do companies hire based on them?
    Sunday, November 21, 2010 8:25 PM

All replies

• Much depends upon WHICH MCTS exam(s) you'll take. 

Certification in and of itself helps verify your knowledge.  That in and of itself has value.

Sunday, November 21, 2010 7:14 PM
    Answerer
  • I'm taking the following Application Development Foundation, Windows Forms Development, ADO.NET, Windows Communication Foundation and then an MCPD afterwards. I'm an avid developer but have a degree in an unrelated field. How will be my job prospects be in the development arena based on the Microsoft Certifications. Do companies hire based on them?
    Sunday, November 21, 2010 8:25 PM