ABS error and Web Compnent Server RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All

I have an OCS 2007 test envireonment with Standard edition. It all started with ABS synch error. During investigations, I noticed that my Application Pool "LsGroupExpAppPool" is not running and when I start it, stops automatically.

abs url is also not being resolved in browser with message "Service not available". I have checked the event viewer and here are some messages:

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

process serving application pool 'LSGroupExpAppPool' terminated unexpectedly. The process id was '5216'. The process exit code was '0xffffffff'.

Event ID :1009

Source: W3SVC

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID

{A9E69610-B80D-11D0-B9B9-00A0C922E750}

to the user PORTALGROUP\RTCComponentService SID (S-1-5-21-666716643-4082677057-3896176358-2905). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

Event ID:10016

Source: DCOM

I know it lies some where with application pool authentication but dont want to change the service account credentials.

Kind replies shall be appreciated.

Gruß

Rockburry

Thursday, February 14, 2008 3:30 PM

All replies

• That's the IISAdmin Service DCOM object.  The default activation settings are:

Administrators:

- Local Launch

- Remote Launch

- Local Activation

- Remote Activation

Authenticated Users:

- Local Activation

- Remote Activation

To check these, run dcomcnfg and browse to Component Services/Computers/My Computer/DCOM Config.  Go to the properties of IIS Admin Service, select the security tab and click the first Edit button (Launch and Activation Permissions).

Friday, February 15, 2008 10:43 AM
  • Make sure the creditial that is being used on by the LsGroupExpAppPool is not disable or the password is set to never expires. I had the same issues and the reason was the account's password had expired.

Right click the LsGroupExpAppPool in the IIS and navigate to Identity tab, here you can see the Account that were being used by this application pool. Go to your AD and make sure this account is not disabled or its password is set to never expire then restart the LsGroupExpAppPool.

Hopes this works for you

Friday, March 14, 2008 9:18 PM
  • Refer to my blog article on the Service Unavailable issue.  Your IDentity account password either expired or was changed most likely.  All you have to do is edit the properties for the application pool, and reenter the password.

Address Book Chaos

Tuesday, March 25, 2008 10:21 PM