Rollback Windows media 11 to Windows Media 10 RRS feed

• Question

• I installed windows media 11 and now I want to roll it back to windows media 10.  what is the best way to roll it back?  I tried add/remove programs, but it does not take.

I am running WHS.

Thank you 
    Wednesday, February 25, 2009 10:25 PM

Answers

• Server reinstallation? Some users have been able to get Windows Media 11 to uninstall after they installed it and determined that it wasn't working for them (try a search, but searching in the forums isn't great at the moment), but others have, like yourself, not managed it.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Wednesday, February 25, 2009 11:23 PM

All replies

• Server reinstallation? Some users have been able to get Windows Media 11 to uninstall after they installed it and determined that it wasn't working for them (try a search, but searching in the forums isn't great at the moment), but others have, like yourself, not managed it.
    Wednesday, February 25, 2009 11:23 PM
  • Thanks for the reply.  When you say server re-installation, what happens to the users, shares, etc.  Obviously all my media, and docs are on the shares.

What is the best way to perform this, THank you
    Thursday, February 26, 2009 12:29 AM
  • Server reinstallation is a special installation mode that will preserve the datain your shares and (usually, in your case almost certainly) your backup database.When you being the installation process, just after the hardware detection screen, WHS Setup offers you the option of choosing an installation type. If all your disks are connected, setup will offer both new installation and server reinstallation as options. Note: if you need to supply drivers for any of your disks to be visible, you should do so on the hardware detection screen. If you need drivers for setup to see your system driver, you will have to supply your drivers twice. The first time is on the hardware detection screen. The second time is after setup has rebooted for the first time. At the beginning of text-mode setup a message to "press F6" to add storage drivers is briefly displayed; you will need to supply drivers at this time. In this case, the drivers must be on a floppy disk ; presumably if you need drivers for your system disk you did this previously and will already understand this part of the process.

Server reinstallation does not preserve users (though users' personal folders on the server are retained and will be reconnected when the user is recreated), add-ins, or any software or operating system tweaks you may have applied through remote desktop or physical console sessions.

Thursday, February 26, 2009 12:37 AM