counterfeit [ fake] window geniune. RRS feed

• Question

• when i turn on my computer,my background was black and it say you may be running a counterfeit [ fake] window geniune. I have a toshiba laptop satalite and it was window vista and i upgrade it to window 7 unlimited.then i press canel and it turn into my private background and it still say this copy of window is not window genuine on the right side on the bottom.i was getting worry.

Tell me what is happening? Are  there virus or a rogue [fake] program. Please help me

please answer at 6:30 please  an la help me get rid of it

• Moved by Carey FrischMVP, Moderator Sunday, April 17, 2011 10:22 PM Moved to more appropriate forum category (From:Feedback and Comments)
    Sunday, April 17, 2011 5:00 PM

Answers

• To properly analyse and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the report produced by the MGADiag tool (download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )
    Once saved, run the tool.
    Click on the Continue button, which will produce the report.
    To copy the report to your response, click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your response.

(Carey -please don't delete this one!)
    Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Sunday, April 17, 2011 10:36 PM

All replies

• To properly analyse and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the report produced by the MGADiag tool (download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )
    Once saved, run the tool.
    Click on the Continue button, which will produce the report.
    To copy the report to your response, click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your response.

(Carey -please don't delete this one!)
    Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Sunday, April 17, 2011 10:36 PM
  • No reply from the Original Poster.

Issue is assumed to be resolved.

Darin MS
    Thursday, April 21, 2011 5:22 PM