Microsoft CRM for Outlook instalation RRS feed

• Question

• Dear collegs ,

I have one issue and hope that you maybe can help me. Namely, I installed Microsoft CRM for Outlook (Version 3.0) because want to use CRM direct from MS Outlook.
    Here I face one problem. Namely, my laptop is in the network of company but is not in the domain ( I am looged as Administrator at my laptop but not as a user from Active Directory). When I installed CRM , installation process was succesifull but when started MS Outlook I got message that connection with CRM can not be established. Also I want to mentioned that my Outlook works properly although is not in domain (is only in network of comapny).

Is possible on some way to use MS CRM for Outlook if my laptop is not domain (or to use MS CRM for Outlook where I am logged on local latpop account).

Thanks in Advance.
    Tuesday, February 2, 2010 12:05 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

I don't think so, one of the requirements of CRM for outlook is that the machines must be form part of the same domain or Trusting Domain of CRM.

Regards
    • Proposed as answer by Jimmy Morales Tuesday, February 2, 2010 1:48 PM
    Tuesday, February 2, 2010 1:27 PM
  • Hi Jimmy,

Thanks on your answer.
    I have only one more question regarding this issue. In your previous mail you mentoined Trusting Domain of CRM, is possible that two or more domains are Trusting Domain of CRM ?

One again thanks on all your support.

Regards
    Tuesday, February 2, 2010 1:36 PM
  • Yes, It is... but the trusting must be full bidirectional in both domains, see the CRM 3 implemetation guide for more information, in this link
    http://www.microsoft.com/DOWNLOADS/details.aspx?familyid=1FF067F8-4F77-40F0-AE9C-68ADA7D4F16A&displaylang=en

Regards

• Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Tuesday, February 2, 2010 4:44 PM
    Tuesday, February 2, 2010 1:47 PM