Outlook 2003 changing appointments to recurring RRS feed

• Question

• This one really makes no sense, but here goes; my wife is setting up Outlook 2003 on her laptop, and has come across a bizarre problem.  When entering appointments into the calendar, if she goes back to change the appointments after entering them, either to update the label, or to change the time of the appointment, Outlook automatically changes the appointment to a weekly recurring appointment starting at the date of the entered appointment.

If she goes into the appointment, and turns off the weekly recurrence, it does not accept the change.  It does not give any error messages, but it also does not remove the recurrence.  I have been completely unable to find anything related to this online, nor have I been able to recreate this on any of our other systems also running Outlook 2003.

Any suggestions you might have would be greatly appreciated.
    Saturday, February 24, 2007 9:47 PM

Answers

• I had the same with outlook 2007.  Solution I found on another website that helped me: In Control Panel's Add or Remove Programs, look for an app named "Outlookaddinsetup" and uninstall it. From what I understand, it's a remnant of the tools Dell uses to preinstall the software they include and it wasn't removed properly before shipment.
    Tuesday, March 6, 2007 11:19 AM
  • That seems to be the fix.

Remove the outlookaddin by Cyberlink.

Go to control panel and add/remove programs.

Friday, March 9, 2007 1:19 AM

All replies

• I had the same with outlook 2007.  Solution I found on another website that helped me: In Control Panel's Add or Remove Programs, look for an app named "Outlookaddinsetup" and uninstall it. From what I understand, it's a remnant of the tools Dell uses to preinstall the software they include and it wasn't removed properly before shipment.
    Tuesday, March 6, 2007 11:19 AM
  • That seems to be the fix.

Remove the outlookaddin by Cyberlink.

Go to control panel and add/remove programs.

Friday, March 9, 2007 1:19 AM
  • Yes! Thank you both so much for this - it definitely corrected the problem.
    Friday, March 9, 2007 1:57 PM
  • I did not have Outlookaddinsetup installed, so I could not uninstall it. But it is a Dell computer. I will try to uninstall the Dell Solution Center.

I have a similar problem, except that all appointments entered shows as recurring indefinitely. The only way I've been able to get around it is to set the number of occurences to 1.

The calendar is shared. The other person using it can enter an appointment and it shows ok on her computer, but this one shows it recurring.

Monday, June 4, 2007 8:19 PM
  • Hi All,
    I have the issue stated above. I did have the Outlookaddinsetup originally installed but have since removed it. In fact, I removed all add-ins from Outlook just to be sure. When I create an appointment on my machine (running 2007) and invite other people in my group (running 2003), it always comes in as a weekly recurring appt with no end in sight! I have had to make the appointment recurring on my side, with a end after 1 occurence set. This makes it come up OK on the other persons calendar but it is a pain in the backside when trying to move things around and reschedule appointments. Anybody else have this issue and a possible resolution?

Thanks,
    Mark
    Wednesday, June 4, 2008 2:12 PM
  • I solved this problem with the help of another Microsoft forum (not sure which one). The advice I received was this:

Start Outlook with /cleanviews switch

The /cleanviews switch restores default views. Please note all custom views you created will be lost.

1. Make sure Outlook is not running. Then click Start | Run.
    2. In the Open box, type: "Outlook /cleanviews" (without the quotation marks)
      Note: There is a space character between Outlook and the forward slash (/).
    3. Click OK.

For additional information, the following article helps to deal with most calendar issues: 

890436  How to troubleshoot missing and duplicate appointments in Outlook

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;890436

Thursday, June 5, 2008 6:29 PM
  • this fixed my problem in outlook 2007 on a dell xps unit.....

MANY THANKS !!!!!

Tuesday, October 28, 2008 7:54 PM