Display productid in order product associated view RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We are running Online version & I want to be able to display the prodictid from the product entity on the Order Products are (Order Product Associated View)

It seems to me that one can't just pick this as an item to add as a column in the view. (Correct me if im wrong)

So then i thought about creating a custom field in Order Product which is fine however Ive got stuck at the mapping level.

Ive found a great article here http://inogic.blogspot.com.au/2012/12/add-mapping-for-custom-attribute-of.html

but cant work out what the entities would be.

Is this the right approach? What would the relationship be 1:n, n:1 or n:n?

its basically product to order product.

Thanks in advance

Friday, February 1, 2013 9:10 AM

Answers

• You can add attributes from the Product entity to the Order Product Associated View by doing the usual Add Columns when modifying the view. In the record type picklist, select Existing Product (Product), then you should be able to pick fields from the Product entity.

See screen shots.

Eric UNG [Senior Analyst Programmer :: Sydney, Australia]

• Marked as answer by tango2310 Friday, February 1, 2013 10:23 AM
    Friday, February 1, 2013 10:00 AM

All replies

• Order product associated view already have product field, do have any custom requirement ?

Contact Me
    Follow me on Twitter
    My Facebook Page
    Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.

Friday, February 1, 2013 9:39 AM
  • hi tango,

I think there is already a lookup to display product in Order Products entity......

Friday, February 1, 2013 9:42 AM
  • You can add attributes from the Product entity to the Order Product Associated View by doing the usual Add Columns when modifying the view. In the record type picklist, select Existing Product (Product), then you should be able to pick fields from the Product entity.

See screen shots.

Eric UNG [Senior Analyst Programmer :: Sydney, Australia]

• Marked as answer by tango2310 Friday, February 1, 2013 10:23 AM
    Friday, February 1, 2013 10:00 AM
  • Thanks for the quick responses guys.

I wasnt changing record type.

Have a great weekend

Friday, February 1, 2013 10:24 AM