Is there a way to install Money99 v7 on a Windows 7 Home Premium? RRS feed

• Question

• I have 14 years of data on Money99 v7 and can`t loose it. I tried to install it on Windows 7 Home Premium, but without success even triyng with compatiblity mode. Tried also to copy all folder to the root drive and got the same incompatibility msg. Microsoft says is not compatible , but I heard there are people out there who made the installation ............ so any step by step tips will be very welcome.

Thanks, Voney

Monday, October 18, 2010 8:34 PM

All replies

• I have 14 years of data on Money99 v7 and can`t loose it. I tried to install it on Windows 7 Home Premium, but without success even triyng with compatiblity mode. Tried also to copy all folder to the root drive and got the same incompatibility msg. Microsoft says is not compatible , but I heard there are people out there who made the installation ............ so any step by step tips will be very welcome.

Thanks, Voney

Not that I have tried it, but I would put the Money 99 install CD into the drive. With Windows Explorer, browse to setup.exe on the CD, right-click, and choose RunAsAdministrator. Put your *.mny and *.mbf files into your Documents folder.

If I were you, I would consider converting to Money Plus Deluxe Sunset.

Monday, October 18, 2010 9:30 PM
  • Cal,

Thanks for the insight.

I install Money Plus Sunset Home & Business 17.0.150.3817 , and now I am struggling on how to transfer the data from my Money99 V7 .

Tried first using the backup tool. On the recovery backup process, even the file being identified, after clicking on it received a pop up msg THE SYSTEM CANNOT FIND THE PATH SPECIFIED. As didn`t work, tried via Import tool, and got the same message. Need help to make it happen. Is there a clue how to solve?

Thanks, Voney

Voney Silveira
    Monday, October 18, 2010 10:49 PM
  • You only use restore for a backup (*.mbf). What you want to do is to locate your *.mny file from your old install. You may have to use the intermediate Money 2005 version as described below. You could try File->Open of a copy of your *.mny file in case no intermediate process was needed. Your *.mny file should be in your Documents folder and not in ProgramFiles.

You can install the temporary trial as described in the link below, and use that to convert your Money file up to the Money 2005 level. Then give the *.mny file from that process to the Money sunset version.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/913108/en-us should give you the file you need to use as an intermediate.

Monday, October 18, 2010 11:10 PM
  • I have 10 years data on money 99,I downloaded money sunset and transferred all data to sunset.
    Saturday, February 12, 2011 9:37 PM
  • When I loaded Money99 a window appeared that reported an incompatibility with Windows 7. I just ignored it and continued the installation which completed successfully. Money 99 works fine on Windows 7 on my system.

Cheers, Rob

Saturday, June 30, 2012 5:24 AM