User Profile will not load, after a back up. RRS feed

• Question

• I have a new dell, desktop, vista, office 07.  After running the backup option in one care security. Now I can't log on to my administrator account. And my printer has to be reinstalled. Error message says, "User Profile did not load" Anybody know what I am to do now. I can't get onto my account, I have two other profiles on the computor, and they work fine. I googled (live search had 0 search results) I made another account, and tried to copy the files from the first account into it, still working on that. Why can't I change something that is blocking the original account from opening? 

Thanks for your time.

Steve

Monday, January 7, 2008 2:48 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello, Steve.

It sounds like the profile is either locked or corrupt. If this happened after running backup in OneCare, please contact support for help -

How to reach support - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

You might also try to boot to Safe Mode and see if you can log in as administrator.

-steve

Tuesday, January 8, 2008 1:46 AM
  • Thanks for responding.

Yes after I backed up in one care it locked out my profile.

And it did the same thing for my printer.  I had to re install the software.

I created another profile and have been copying my files over to it. It seems ok.

My concern will be if I ever back up my files again, will the same thing happen.

I wonder if I was suppose to set some options before doing the back up.

I will take your suggestion and contact support at one care.

Thanks again, have a safe day.

Steve

Tuesday, January 8, 2008 12:20 PM
  • Well, the printer would probably be related to the User Profile issue. I'm concerned about the fact that the profile was apparently corrupted to begin with. When backup ran, were you logged in under the profile that was corrupt or another profile? Was it a standalone backup or was it backup during Tune-up? The reason for that last question is that I believe that you will be locked out of your profile if Tune-up runs and you are not logged onto the machine.

Before your post, I've never heard of a profile being corrupted by Backup.

-steve

Tuesday, January 8, 2008 4:27 PM
  • Hi,

I'm having a similar issue.  I've installed OneCare about 1 week ago and twice when I tried to log back in in the morning, Windows gave me a message that my profile was corrupt or unavailable.  I can't remember the exact message.  Windows continued the login process but created a new profile each time.  Now I lost access to all my settings and I can't seem to be able to revert back to my original profile....

I haven't used or configured the backup at all so I don't think the problem is caused by it.

Any solution to revert back to my original profile??

Thanks,
    Mario
    Wednesday, February 13, 2008 2:57 PM
  •  SuperMG wrote:
    Hi,

I'm having a similar issue.  I've installed OneCare about 1 week ago and twice when I tried to log back in in the morning, Windows gave me a message that my profile was corrupt or unavailable.  I can't remember the exact message.  Windows continued the login process but created a new profile each time.  Now I lost access to all my settings and I can't seem to be able to revert back to my original profile....

I haven't used or configured the backup at all so I don't think the problem is caused by it.

Any solution to revert back to my original profile??

Thanks,
    Mario

If rebooting and logging in again does not get the old profile back, see this KB article to copy the settings and files to the new profile: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555473

Or you can try what is described in this article - http://www.lockergnome.com/it/2004/12/15/get-it-done-recover-a-damaged-windows-xp-user-profile/

-steve

Wednesday, February 13, 2008 3:54 PM
  • ok....I recovered my old profile but I also keep losing it.  All this started happening after I installed OneCare.  So is this a known issue and is there a fix for this?

Mario
    Thursday, February 14, 2008 1:04 AM
  • No, it isn't a known issue - it should not be happening.

You can either remove OneCare to see if it is really the cause or part of the cause, or contact OneCare support, but it isn't a problem that I've heard of. A single occurrence of a locked profile that is fixed on reboot is rare, but has happened if a tune-up is underway while you are logged off. What you are describing, I haven't heard of before.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Thursday, February 14, 2008 2:51 AM
  • Is this what One Care service is?  I posted this message Feb 08.  And you are just now getting back to me!!!!

Anyway,  My computor is still messed up.  I created a second profile and left the original one on the computor.  I am not a computor literate person.  I went through months of trying to figure it out.  Fustrated, pissed, angry.  I had problems with a Kodak printer and spent days and I mean days on the phone, and recently in my file and printer sharing, I can't print from  from my wired connected printer.  And I know it is because that profile is messed up.  I have 4 profiles on my computor, and I think the settings don't know which one to communicate with.  I bought one care, and I am considering to add it to a second computor.  Or go somewhere else all together.  I paid Dell 300.00 for an extended warranty on a laptop only to find out that it does not cover software.  So I am very unhappy.  All this blog, forums, website help, Man what I need is the dam thing fixed. 

Steve

Sunday, September 21, 2008 2:24 PM
  • You received alerts because someone added to your thread. (I deleted those posts, since they were not part of the discussion - the first new post a complete quote of my last response.)

My response to you in February was 2 hours after you last posted and I advised you to contact OneCare support. If you are still having problems with OneCare, then my advice remains the same.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Wednesday, September 24, 2008 5:47 PM