SSRS performance for dynamics custom report RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All, 

I have been wrestling with an issues we have with clients custom CRM reports and performance timings.

I've ran a SQL trace on the report in question and it runs in under 3 seconds via SSMS and yet the total time to render the report on screen is upwards of 35+ secs.  

The report has 2 date field parameters (Start and End) which queries incidents based on createdOn date.  It returns 10 fields from incidents and 2 from account.  The fetchxml translates to a Left outer join from incident to account but as i say this runs under 3 seconds.  The dataset returned contains approx 11400 rows.

I've checked the report server and the TimeDataRetrieval and TimeProcessing seem excessively high but i'm not sure where to investigate next.

TimeDataRetrieval = 16401

TimeProcessing = 14893

TimeRendering = 1885

TotalTime = 33179

If it is a fetchxml report how would i go about checking for parameter snipping?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thursday, August 14, 2014 1:45 PM

All replies

• Can you pls post the sql query used for the report. Also does the report has too many charts and other aggregations happening? Are you using prefiltering for filtering records before they enter into result dataset.?

If my response answered your question, please "mark the response as an answer" and also "vote as helpful". Regards, Hari. www.crm2011byhari.blogspot.com

Friday, August 15, 2014 11:23 AM