crm 4 workflow set 5 years for date RRS feed

• Question

• I have created a workflow and add update record  step. now i need to set a date value for 5 years after the current value. dynamic values tool on right side allows maximum 24 months. how can I set 60 months I cannot type ?

how to add more than 24 months to a existing date field.

thanks

Wednesday, December 14, 2011 3:30 PM

All replies

• Either create a custom assembly or use java script to populate the field

Regards Faisal
    Wednesday, December 14, 2011 3:45 PM
  • I have done few custom assemblies, I wanted to know whether this doable from interface or not?

how can I use javasript to populate this list ? I don't think this is custermiserble entity.

more details please...

Thursday, December 15, 2011 2:43 PM
  • Hey,

I know this is an old topic but I found out how to edit this value. I changed mine to 252 months (21 years). And it did register it successfully. I activated the workflow and hopefuly it will work. If I remember, I'll update this post with details on if it worked or not.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/420542/using-ie-dev-toolbar-on-a-pop-up-windowed-web-app/10984858#10984858

This post shows how to enable the address bar for Internet Explorer Dialog's. Don't forget to apply the settings directed on that link for Trusted Sites, Restricted Sites, etc.

Next, open the workflow check condition dialog again. You'll see theres an address bar now. You can hit F12 to open the developer tools window. Use the select tool to select the month dropdown. In the DOM of the dialog, find the first 'select' item and change its text, value and desc values to the amount of months you desire (in my case 252).

The UI may not update but use this selection to add your dynamic value and you'll see that you'll get the new value you entered in the DOM.

Hope this helps someone.

I have done few custom assemblies, I wanted to know whether this doable from interface or not?

how can I use javasript to populate this list ? I don't think this is custermiserble entity.

more details please.

• Edited by mukunku1 Wednesday, July 24, 2013 12:01 PM typo
    Wednesday, July 24, 2013 12:00 PM
  • I tested my workflow and it seems to be working :)

Wednesday, July 24, 2013 12:15 PM