Authentication of ULTMATE RRS feed

• Question

• I bought the Vista ULTIMATE CD in April 2007 in Best Buy and installed it (unfortunately) then on a Pentium 3 Lapatop I had. I naturally activated that installation. I have since had problems with that old computer and it is NO LONGER FUNTIONAL.

1. I have a new computer and 7 days ago (or less) I installed the ULTIMATE upgrade on my ONLY functional laptop.

Problems began immediately with Authentication. It says the product is already registered and I need to buy a new CODE.

Q. How can I go around this as I do not have 2 computers running the same ULTIMATE product, but one as I already CANNOT use laptop one. The Pentium 3 laptop has now got the original Win XP Pro that I bought it with. Its a Sony.

Friday, October 12, 2007 1:32 PM

Answers

• You can reset your Windows Vista activation by performing the following:

1. Click on the Start button and in the Start Search box type in:  slui.exe 4

2. Press the Enter key on your keyboard.

3. Select your Country.

4. Follow the instructions for phone activation.

5.  Once completed, restart your computer.

Friday, October 12, 2007 2:00 PM

All replies

• You can reset your Windows Vista activation by performing the following:

1. Click on the Start button and in the Start Search box type in:  slui.exe 4

2. Press the Enter key on your keyboard.

3. Select your Country.

4. Follow the instructions for phone activation.

5.  Once completed, restart your computer.

Friday, October 12, 2007 2:00 PM
  • Thank you. I hvae tried once but the connection dropped so I failed to complete the process. I am currently on mission to DARFUR, SUDAN and will have better connection from Khartoum in 3 days. My  nearest call Offices are Cairo EGYPT or Nairobi KENYA. I will get back to you in 3 days. Thank you again

Tuesday, October 16, 2007 1:50 PM
  • Tnk you so much for the help. The telephone Activation went smooth. My copy of Ultimate is ultimately activated.

Thursday, October 18, 2007 8:40 AM