none
Windows Server 2012 R2 HPC Pack Update 1 New Fresh Install Issues RRS feed

• Question

• I am attempting to install HPC Pack Update 1 on my 2012R2 server.  However, the install keeps failing with the following error:

*Component Routing and Remote Access Service cannot be installed with error code 1.  Incorrect function.*

The following event also appears:

*Remote Access Connection Manager failed to start because the Protocol engine [IKEv2] failed to initialize.  The request is not supported.  Event ID 20063*

I have enabled the following roles/features on the server:

*Roles:  File services, Network Policy & Access Service, Windows Deployment*

*Features:  Message Queuing, Remote Server Administration Tools - Role Admin Tools*

The Routing and Remote Access Service continues to be disabled upon reboot, but when set to automatic it appears to start. 

Any assistance with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you - Bmgee13

Tuesday, July 7, 2015 7:40 PM

All replies

• Hi Bmgee13,

The routing and remote access service is installed on the head node, however, it is disabled at the beginning, and it will be started after you configure the cluster network to some topologies that requires NAT service. So it is normal that the service is disabled.

The HPC Pack setup chainer installs the service by simply adding the Windows Server role "Routing"(which is in"Remote Acess"). You can manually add this role, and then install the HPC Pack.

Wednesday, July 8, 2015 1:52 PM
  • Good morning, Sunbin.

Thank you for your response.  I have attempted to add the "Remote Access" role to the server, however the operation fails stating that the server needs to be rebooted.  I have rebooted the system several times and receive the same message every time.  I am starting to think that a full rebuild of the OS may be needed, something is just not right with it.

Thank you - Bmgee13

Thursday, July 9, 2015 12:52 PM