Can't send email from workflow to a dynamic list of Contacts RRS feed

• Question

• I am currently using an on-demand workflow to send Message 1 if the custom int field = 1 and send Message 2 if the custom int field = 2. I want to run the workflow against a long list of Contacts found through Advanced Find that will all be set to A or B. After the email is sent, I will increment the custom int field so those who get Message 1 will get Message 2 next month. Then the workflow ends.

The snag that I ran into is that in order to send these emails to a dynamic list of Contacts, I would need to add (Contact:Email Address) into the To field on either a template or an email defined within the workflow itself. However, the only choices involve Contact/User relationships.

I don't have the budget to buy a third-party add-on. We already pay thousands of dollars in "maintenance" to Microsoft for a product that can't do a simple email blast from workflow.

If an add-on is the only way to resolve this problem, what software do you use and recommend?

Tuesday, January 25, 2011 9:51 PM

Answers

• A coworker found the answer, I dismissed it out of hand, but {Contact(Contact)} was available in the form assistant.
    • Marked as answer by Eric Hula Tuesday, January 25, 2011 10:29 PM
    Tuesday, January 25, 2011 10:29 PM