Expired Subscription? RRS feed

• Question

• Good afternoon,

I finally had enough of McAfee's drain on my computer and decided to try another security software.  I chose One Care because I am new to this computing arena and I wanted the primary components of a security application in one package.  Also, One Care offers a 90 day trial period which is more than enough time for us to get to know one another!

When the installation of One Care was completed, I was directed to the registration page.  After which I was directed to the "give us your credit card number" page.  I clicked cancel then to my surprise I received a popup indicating my subscription had expired.  What subscription?

I attempted to download One Care earlier this year but it was not Vista compatible.  I never had the opportunity to activate a subscription.  However, I have downloaded and used One Care's scanner.

Several months ago, I again considered One Care.  I posted several questions in this forum.  Questions regarding the smallness of this forum's print (which I am happy to see has improved) and my concern with the difficulty of contacting technical support if I ever had the need.  Of course, all my questions were graciously answered to my satisfaction.  However, I had time before my McAfee subscription expired and chose not use One Care at that time.

I finally made the move to One Care today but was told my subscription, which I never had,  expired.  Any assistance with this matter will be greatly appreciated.

Grace and Peace,

Nissi1

According to One Care's log, subscription expired during blackout, whatever that means.

Saturday, September 6, 2008 8:10 PM

Answers

• Nissi1,

Thank you for visiting the OneCare forum for Install and Activate.

I would recommend that you contact support and let them know which Live ID you used and let them know

you are receiving the OneCare expired message.  Chances are your trial version expired or if it hasn't, there may

be a miscommunication of some sort.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

I hope this helps,

Lori MS

Tuesday, September 9, 2008 12:01 AM
  • Nissi1,

You're welcome! and enjoy using OneCare Program.

Lori MS

Tuesday, September 9, 2008 6:48 PM

All replies

• Nissi1,

Thank you for visiting the OneCare forum for Install and Activate.

I would recommend that you contact support and let them know which Live ID you used and let them know

you are receiving the OneCare expired message.  Chances are your trial version expired or if it hasn't, there may

be a miscommunication of some sort.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

I hope this helps,

Lori MS

Tuesday, September 9, 2008 12:01 AM
  • Good evening Lori,

Thank you for your reply.

I am in contact with support who has responded to my email.  I now await another reply.  As I stated earlier I never got the opportunity to install One Care since when I initially attempted to do so I was alerted One Care did not support Vista at that particular time.

Again, thank you and I hope I can get this sorted out.

Grace and Peace,

Nissi1

Tuesday, September 9, 2008 2:38 AM
  • Good afternoon Lori,

I am happy to report that One Care's Support Center solved the "expired subscription" issue.  I commend everyone for their timely response.  In every instance, the Support Center contacted me with suggestions within 24 hours of receiving my email.  Impressive.

I know very little about computers and softwares.  When something goes awry I become agitated and impatient because I must depend and wait on someone to assist me.  The efficiency and reliability of a support system is as important to me as choosing the appropriate software.

I now know of the efficiency of One Care's support system, within the next 90 days I will get to know of One Care's reliability as a security system.

I thank you all.

Nissi1

Tuesday, September 9, 2008 6:39 PM
  • Nissi1,

You're welcome! and enjoy using OneCare Program.

Lori MS

Tuesday, September 9, 2008 6:48 PM