More Renewal Issues RRS feed

• Question

• I recently renewed my One Care subscription using a retail purchased version.  Both Onecare and billing.microsoft.com now show expiration date of May 9, 2009.  Today I received an automated email saying that my account would be automatically renewed on May 9, 2008.   I assume this is a case of the email generator not looking at the correct field, or checking a private expiration date field that missed being updated.

Can you you confirm that I can safely ignore this email?  

BTW, I share other users' frustration at not being able to get real human help when real questions exist.  We spend hours getting answers that should take minutes!

Thanks.

Wednesday, April 9, 2008 3:33 PM

Answers

• I can't confirm this for a fact, but customer service can. And, yes, it can be hard reaching them. :-(

I do believe that you can safely ignore the email and that it is simply a matter of one system not talking to the other. If, somehow you are billed via automatic renewal on 5/9/08, you can have the charge reversed by customer service. So, what I'd do is wait until that date to see what happens. If you get charged, contact them -

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Wednesday, April 9, 2008 4:27 PM