whs can not mount backup RRS feed

• Question

• I see serveral post regarding this problem but no solutions. I have 5 computers backing up nightly. In the past I have opened backups on different computers with no problem. Now, I can't open any of the five. I have windows 7, 1vista, and 3xp's. They all get to the end of the task bar when I try to open and up pops the cannot mount backup error. Then it asks to send a report which I do. I tried a repair but that didn't work. Every night all the computers back up fine, or so it says.

Has anyone found a solution yet?

Thanks,

Marion

Friday, January 14, 2011 3:30 AM

All replies

• Update:

I'm able to open recent (1-3) backups of all computers but not from a few weeks or a month ago like I used to.

Friday, January 14, 2011 2:32 PM
  • Another update:

What I'm finding is I have some computers that will not delete older backups on the Sunday night scan. Therefor I have 2 computers that will show 30 backups and the ones that delete correctly will show maybe 12. If I click on a restored backup from say a month ago as long as the backup date shows in the correct computers backups it will restore. I hope I'm not making this too confusing. Like I said befoe the repair goes thru its thing and no errors.

Marion

Sunday, January 16, 2011 3:46 PM