Sync Framework : Sync knowledge in scope_info size grows RRS feed

• Question

• The sync knowledge (scope_sync_knowledge) stored in scope_info grows to  26 mb and causing sync to fail. I ran meta data cleanup but sync knowledge size still remains same size. Please advice. sync setup: client server synchronization.
    Friday, August 7, 2015 7:40 PM

All replies

• how many replicas do you have? do you do lots of deletes?
    Monday, August 10, 2015 8:29 AM
  • Hi JuneT, they are only two replicas (client  and server) and the database size is 12GB and I am not sure about deletes, I would say customer perform deletes but not  a Lot. Even delete  causes fragmentation, the metadata cleanup should fix the problem. but in my case it is not happening.

When I ran SqlSyncStoreMetadataCleanup.peformcleanup() method on the only cleans up "Tombstone Knowledge",  which is not the main knowledge stored in scope_info

• Edited by saisync Monday, August 10, 2015 3:14 PM more information
    Monday, August 10, 2015 2:18 PM
  • tombstone metadata is the only other thing you can remove from the sync knowledge apart from compacting metadata for fragmentation due to deletes. i wont be surprised to have a 26mb metadata for a 12GB database. 

what error are you getting when you sync?

Tuesday, August 18, 2015 1:50 PM
  • Hi JuneT,

I figured out the root cause. At one peer I am doing "Retrynextsync" on conflicts which is causing the sync knowledge at that peer to grow to 30 MB.  For long time we never had huge down sync. so the bug went un noticed. When a down sync happened and lot of conflict rows flowing down it fragmented the sync knowledge and next sync is having the issues.

Thanks,

Sai

Monday, August 31, 2015 3:19 PM