none
Msmoney uk - "The email address or password is incorrect - please try again" RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I sincerely hope someone can solve my problem. I have been using msmoney 2005 for many years and up until a couple of days ago it worked fine. Now when I try to access msmoney the message in the title above appears. I haven't change my password or hotmail address. I have tried resetting my password which MSN seems to accept as I can view my hotmail account with the new password, but when I try starting msmoney and entering the new password it still brings up this message.

I have tried to load previous backups using different passwords I have used in the past but still no luck.

I would be extremely grateful if anyone has a solution to this problem.

kind regards

Paul

os - Windows vista ultimate 32 bit

• Edited by Paule8 Monday, May 9, 2016 5:57 AM additional info
    Monday, May 9, 2016 5:45 AM

All replies

• Disconnect from the internet, log in to your Money data file with the last successful credentials and change your access method to a simple password at File - Password Manager.
    Monday, May 9, 2016 12:37 PM
  • Hi Dominic. Thanks for the reply. I tried that as well as other possible solutions after having googled similar questions over the years. I tried all of  the solutions including reinstalling money / trying different passwords but with no success. My final solution was to restore windows o/s to an earlier backup version as well as the money backup data files.

This worked!...I then went back into money and changed the password manger option to 'not use a password'. As a result I don't have to sign in to MSN or now input a file password.

If I hadn't previously backed up the whole o/s and data files I would still be trying to find a way of accessing the money file. Why it suddenly rejected my password is still a mystery.

regards

Paul

Monday, May 9, 2016 3:58 PM
  • Hi Dominic. Thanks for the reply. I tried that as well as other possible solutions after having googled similar questions over the years. I tried all of  the solutions including reinstalling money / trying different passwords but with no success. My final solution was to restore windows o/s to an earlier backup version as well as the money backup data files.

This worked!...I then went back into money and changed the password manger option to 'not use a password'. As a result I don't have to sign in to MSN or now input a file password.

I am glad things are working well. One thing that surprises me is that I did not think that version 14.x had the ability to get rid of the LiveID sign-on. Could you click Help->AboutMicrosoftMoney and tell us what the numerical version is? That is in the second line in the upper left of the AboutMicrosoftMoney box.
    Tuesday, May 10, 2016 3:56 PM
  • Hi Cal. The version number is 14.0.120.1105

regards

Paul

Tuesday, May 10, 2016 5:14 PM
  • Hi Cal. The version number is 14.0.120.1105

I hope others have the same experience with that version. Thanks for the info.

I trust you are reviewing your backup policies. Consider your Money data files after a hard drive crash or a house fire.

Tuesday, May 10, 2016 6:44 PM
  • Definitely! :-)

Wednesday, May 11, 2016 12:38 PM