Genuine Office Complimentary Offer RRS feed

• Question

• I have been trying to take advantage of the Genuine Office Complimentary Offer.  I received a warning that my new version of Office 2007 was non genuine.  I went thru the criteria to determine if i am eligible to receive a Complimentary version office to replace my spurious version.  I met all of the criteria.  I tried complete the online form, but failed each time because of something relating to ActiveX not being supported.  I have since unistalled the illegidly less than genuine version. 

My question is how does one take advantage of the Genuine Office Complimentary Offer when one cannot run the Conterfeit Report?
    • Moved by Carey FrischMVP Monday, October 12, 2009 3:19 AM Moved to relevant category (From:Genuine Advantage Offers - Eligibility Issues Forum)
    Thursday, October 8, 2009 1:28 PM

Answers

• Hello dhh122,

It is my understanding that you must have a nongenuine installation of Office installed, and that nongenuine installation of Office must be detected as such by the OGA Notifier utility, or by the Validating routine at www.microsoft.com/genuine, in order for yout to be directed to the web pages that extend the Complimentary Office Offer to you.

May I suggest reinstalling the nongenuine Office, then visiting www.microsoft.com/genuine to try to Validate.  When you fail validation your messaging should have a Learn More link, which will then take you to web pages from which you can participate in the Complimentary Offer.

If you still encounter problems, keep this thread alive and ask for further assistance.
    For great advice on all topics XP, visit http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Thursday, October 15, 2009 8:25 PM
    Thursday, October 15, 2009 3:46 AM