I'm thinking of suspending my forums-participation... RRS feed

• Question

• because working with that new view makes me more and more angry...

- Return to a *one-forum-per-section* view and show the forums name as title
     - Return to displaying the last posters name
     - Return to show the *alert sign* in the threads-view, so you can easily distinguish between threads you participate and not
     - Return to include WindowsForms development in the current development choices
     - Return to a non-disgusting (IMO) color scheme (more friendly colors, not looking like an earyly 1980's tax-form (IMO))

Hint: Forums should look like this: (a glimpse of better times)

Regards,

Thorsten

Wednesday, June 19, 2013 4:14 PM

All replies

• Even better, give me my TechNet branding back. I miss my full width forum view.

EDIT: One note - The PowerShell forum didn't show new threads with bold text before the "upgrade" and it STILL doesn't. So much for improvement.
    • Edited by Mike Laughlin Wednesday, June 19, 2013 4:52 PM quite obvious what my edit is
    Wednesday, June 19, 2013 4:49 PM
  • ... additionally:

Please implement some paging logic for long threads.

See for instance this one:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/9d76202e-0f4e-4fc1-9304-6e7be63152e9/do-you-like-the-new-design

And please fix the bug that suppresses threads when switching to the next page. For instance page one goes up to around 11 hours, but page two starts at 21 hours...

Regards,

Thorsten

Thursday, June 20, 2013 12:36 PM
  • Wow Nice View :)
    Thursday, June 20, 2013 12:48 PM

• Mike, did you notice your puny-fied avatar makes it look like a walking alligator?  I thought maybe you were from Florida.    : )

Would you like a nice wide view of your favorite TechNet ScriptingGuy forum?  Check this example:

Yeah, my jerbear doesn't look so great in a 5x5 square. Based on the amount of negative feedback I've seen about the name/avatar placement, I imagine this will be adjusted soon (I hope).

As for the SQL forums CSS (thanks for the tip =] ), I'm sure Microsoft will get around to killing that soon as well. It's nice to actually use most of my screen again though.

Thursday, June 20, 2013 2:41 PM
  • This new format is completely confusing. I just want to look at one forum at a time. Oh, how I wish this was vBulletin.
    Thursday, June 20, 2013 2:48 PM
  • Thursday, June 20, 2013 2:56 PM
  • ... another problem:

If you choose some forums to display at the right and then open one thread in a new tab or the same page (as single thread view) to reply or so, and then try to go back to the updated selected forums view from this new page, you cant.

You can only hit the link at the top which will lead you to a view of this particular forum (just one forum selected on the right).

Also when navigating from one page to another in the threads-view, the browser window stays scrolled to the bottom (FireFox), also there's no "navigate-to-first-page" button/link...

Regards,

Thorsten

Thursday, June 20, 2013 6:54 PM