Microsoft do they care? RRS feed

• Question

• I purchased 2 microsoft products late last year 2010. I was going to upgrade and purchase a New PC. As it turned out I had to delay the the purchase.

I had purchased in Good faith Office 2007 and Windows 7 untimate.

Office was sold with a free upgrade to office 2010, No mention of a before date.

Second huge mistake I purchased windows 7 Ultimate cost nearly $500 dollars.

So I buy a new PC in June 2012, install windows 7 and office.

No office upgrade and to reaaly hurt windows 7 untimate turns out to besome sort of fake.

Office I can deal with.

Windows 7 has made me so annoyed, the product was in a fully sealed with all that one looks for, when you purchase a microsoft product.

It by No means looks like any type of fake.

I go to use it to find out it is one used by large groups!

All I ask is that having now wasted nearly $1,000 Australian dollars microsoft start to vet the products that get into the market place.

My version of windows 7 ultimate is packaged with all the microsoft seals and product key, according to online support genuine, one hassle, not for public sale.

So How do I end up buying it?

I am to say the very least well, annoyed and a great deal of money out of pocket by trying to do the right thing!

Response from microsoft help on both issues NONE.

I guess the next move for me is Consumer affairs Victoria, Australia.

Microsoft please get your ship in order!

Sunday, July 31, 2011 12:31 PM

Answers

• "John in Melbourne Does Microsoft really care" wrote in message news:1d5bdae6-1f23-46bd-a230-92907c638b95...

I purchased 2 microsoft products late last year 2010. I was going to upgrade and purchase a New PC. As it turned out I had to delay the the purchase.

Office was sold with a free upgrade to office 2010, No mention of a before date.

No office upgrade and to reaaly hurt windows 7 untimate turns out to besome sort of fake.

Office I can deal with.

Windows 7 has made me so annoyed, the product was in a fully sealed with all that one looks for, when you purchase a microsoft product.

All I ask is that having now wasted nearly $1,000 Australian dollars microsoft start to vet the products that get into the market place.

My version of windows 7 ultimate is packaged with all the microsoft seals and product key, according to online support genuine, one hassle, not for public sale.

I am to say the very least well, annoyed and a great deal of money out of pocket by trying to do the right thing!

What makes you think your Windows is fake? - that sort of price sound about right. If you bought a fake then the dispute is between you and the vendor, nothing to do with MS
    If your Windows is currently installed, please post an MGADiag report - and we can see if it's a fake, or merely has a problem.
    To properly analyse and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the report produced by the MGADiag tool (download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )
    Once saved, run the tool.
    Click on the Continue button, which will produce the report.
    To copy the report to your response, click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your response.

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Sunday, July 31, 2011 1:13 PM

All replies

• "John in Melbourne Does Microsoft really care" wrote in message news:1d5bdae6-1f23-46bd-a230-92907c638b95...

I purchased 2 microsoft products late last year 2010. I was going to upgrade and purchase a New PC. As it turned out I had to delay the the purchase.

Office I can deal with.

What makes you think your Windows is fake? - that sort of price sound about right. If you bought a fake then the dispute is between you and the vendor, nothing to do with MS
    If your Windows is currently installed, please post an MGADiag report - and we can see if it's a fake, or merely has a problem.
    To properly analyse and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the report produced by the MGADiag tool (download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )
    Once saved, run the tool.
    Click on the Continue button, which will produce the report.
    To copy the report to your response, click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your response.

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Sunday, July 31, 2011 1:13 PM
  • When you go to Consumer Affairs, be sure to mention who you bought the products from.  They are the responsible party.  It sounds like some unscrupulous person sold you volume license copies which were only for use by a company or other organization.
    Colin Barnhorst Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on DIY with 6GB ram.
    Sunday, July 31, 2011 4:28 PM
    Answerer
  • You stated: "I had purchased in Good faith Office 2007 and Windows 7 untimate."

Question:  From whom did you purchase the software from?  Was it from a reliable, trusted source?  Yes, no? 

Carey Frisch
    Sunday, July 31, 2011 9:28 PM
  • No reply from the Original Poster.

Issue is assumed to be resolved.

Darin MS
    Thursday, August 4, 2011 7:44 PM