cannot add new games because i have to allow block or allow for now message pops up after game is loaded RRS feed

• Question

• i am an avid gamer. i can usually allow anything i want. i have windows xp. for some reason, today i am unable to allow any games through windows live one care firewall.
    • Moved by Stephen BootsMVP, Moderator Tuesday, July 7, 2009 1:03 AM firewall question (From:Windows Live OneCare Install and Activate)
    Monday, July 6, 2009 11:43 PM

Answers

• What happens when you click to allow? OneCare will block any unrecognized program and prompt you. If you allow, it is still blocked for the previous attempt, so you need to start the program that needs access a second time for it to have access to the Internet after allowing it.
    If you have done this and it is still blocked, try restrting the PC. If that doesn't help, you should contact support.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/30400b52-7f26-4ba0-bc18-17e305329d90

-steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare, Live Mesh, & MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator
    Tuesday, July 7, 2009 1:06 AM