none
Pirated Windows- Need Help!! RRS feed

• Question

• A few months ago, my friend gave me his old computer. It works properly. Now when I validate it, it says it isn't genuine windows. I can't find any product key or anything. I can't even find the COA sticker on my computer. Is there any way to convert my copy of windows to genuine. I've tried updating my product key, but I don't have the product key, so it didn't work. I saw on another post that you can participate in a genuine advantage offer or something like that. How do I participate?

Thanks

Arcaderat100

Friday, July 21, 2006 6:53 PM

Answers

• Please go to www.microsoft.com/genuine and click Validate. You'll get detailed instructions there about getting a Genuine Windows Kit. :)

-phil

Friday, July 21, 2006 6:55 PM
  • It says I have to submit a cd and a original receipt, but I don't have any cd. The windows is already installed when I got it from my friend. Is there any other way to get genuine windows?

-Arcaderat100

Friday, July 21, 2006 7:13 PM
  • You can purchase directly from that website, or from a local reseller.
    Friday, July 21, 2006 8:40 PM

All replies

• Please go to www.microsoft.com/genuine and click Validate. You'll get detailed instructions there about getting a Genuine Windows Kit. :)

-phil

Friday, July 21, 2006 6:55 PM
  • It says I have to submit a cd and a original receipt, but I don't have any cd. The windows is already installed when I got it from my friend. Is there any other way to get genuine windows?

-Arcaderat100

Friday, July 21, 2006 7:13 PM
  • You can purchase directly from that website, or from a local reseller.
    Friday, July 21, 2006 8:40 PM