Filter button deactivated after Search RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

The filter button gets deactivated after you Search any record.

Example- Search an Account record say Vodafone. 10 records are displayed. Once the search results are displayed, the Filter button in the ribbon gets deactivated.

IS there any way we can activate the Filter button after performing Search operation.

Regards,

Gaurav 

Wednesday, April 17, 2013 7:15 AM

Answers

• To the best of my knowledge, I think this could not be done.

If the answer helped you, remember to mark it as answer.
    My Weblog -- My Website -- My Facebook

Thursday, April 18, 2013 6:01 AM
  • Hi Gaurav,

I can reproduce the behaviour you are describing, I can't say if this is by design or a bug, however it sounds like if you're doing complex searching and filtering like this you might be best to use advanced find. Or create a person view with your filters and then use quick find to search within that.

Paul

If my response helped you find your answer please show your thanks by taking the time to "Mark As Answer" and "Vote As Helpful".

Twitter LinkedIn Facebook Blog Magnetism

Thursday, April 18, 2013 6:06 AM

All replies

• Hi Gaurav,

Which version of CRM you are using? On my online instance it was possible to press the filter button after the filter.

Wednesday, April 17, 2013 10:56 AM
  • Is there a solution for this?
    Thursday, April 18, 2013 5:40 AM
  • Hi Minal,

Please press the filter button after Search.

Thursday, April 18, 2013 5:41 AM
  • To the best of my knowledge, I think this could not be done.

If the answer helped you, remember to mark it as answer.
    My Weblog -- My Website -- My Facebook

Thursday, April 18, 2013 6:01 AM
  • Hi Gaurav,

I can reproduce the behaviour you are describing, I can't say if this is by design or a bug, however it sounds like if you're doing complex searching and filtering like this you might be best to use advanced find. Or create a person view with your filters and then use quick find to search within that.

Paul

If my response helped you find your answer please show your thanks by taking the time to "Mark As Answer" and "Vote As Helpful".

Twitter LinkedIn Facebook Blog Magnetism

Thursday, April 18, 2013 6:06 AM