none
ICE 2.0.2 64bit installation fails

Question

• Installing ICE-2.0.2-for-64-bit-Windows.msi fails on my windows 7 64bit machine because it requires Visual C++ 2013 Runtime Libraries.  However I have the runtime libraries installed, as I can see this under Control Panel / Programs / Programs and Features:

Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable (x64) - 12.0.30501

Why does not ICE recognize this Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 installation?

What should I do to fix it and install ICE 2.0.2?

Saturday, February 7, 2015 2:34 PM

Answers

• I was able to install it without entering safe mode by running an elevated command prompt and executing "msiexec.exe /i path-to-ice-msi"
    Sunday, March 1, 2015 6:31 AM
  • Thanks Rupert, this worked for me.  I ran a cmd.exe window using "Run as Administrator" and the command entry as you described, in my case "msiexec.exe /i g:\ICE-2.0.3-for-64-bit-Windows.msi" and it no longer threw the error regarding the already installing Visual C libraries.
    Tuesday, March 24, 2015 4:42 PM

All replies

• I have the same problem as "Alert me" and would like for you to address the issue.  Thanks
    Saturday, February 7, 2015 5:05 PM
  • I've got exactly the same problem, can an administrator respond to us ? Thanks
    Sunday, February 8, 2015 5:55 PM
  • Ditto - same problem here!!
    Sunday, February 8, 2015 6:39 PM
  • Could you check that msvcr120.dll is in your system folder (typically C:\Windows\System32) and let us know the version (just hover over it in file explorer)?

Monday, February 9, 2015 8:11 PM
  • I had the same issue on my Win7 64-bit pro system with SP1.  Here is the info for my case:

• File version:  12.0.51677.34237
    • Date modified: 7/24/2014 11:47PM
    • Size: 849 KB
    • Original filename: msvcr120_clr0400.dll
    Monday, February 9, 2015 8:47 PM
  • msvcr120.dll is present in the system folder. Version is 12.0.21005.1, dtd 10/4/13
    Monday, February 9, 2015 8:50 PM
  • msvcr120.dll is present in C:\Windows\System32

File version 12.0.21005.1

Product version 12.00.21005.1

Monday, February 9, 2015 10:32 PM
  • My problem could have been pilot error.  Fixed after I installed the full visual studio.  Now ICE2.0.2 64-bit installs correctly.
    Wednesday, February 11, 2015 3:04 PM
  • This morning after many unsuccessful previous efforts, for the heck of it, I attempted to install ICE 2.0.2 from my computer's Safe Mode. To my surprise, it was successful and after restarting a normal Windows startup, it ran fine. Could it be that something in my normal startup was preventing the install executable from recognizing that I had the requisite libraries installed?
    Wednesday, February 11, 2015 3:57 PM
  • Glad you got it installed!

If you wouldn't mind helping us debug this issue further, here is a way to log what is happening during installation:

http://www.advancedinstaller.com/user-guide/qa-log.html

So if you could run "msiexec.exe /i ICE-2.0.2-for-32-bit-Windows.msi /L*V ICE.log" and then send us ICE.log that would be great, thanks!

Friday, February 13, 2015 8:06 PM
  • Some questions:

1. Do you want me to uninstall and re-install?

2. I installed the 64 bit version not 32 bit. Do you want me to try and install the 32 bit version?

3. I no longer have the installer. 

4. When I run what you want me to from the command line, it can't find the msi. 

Simple answer is I'm not understanding what you want me to do.

• Edited by TerryL47 Friday, February 13, 2015 10:33 PM
    Friday, February 13, 2015 10:30 PM
  • Hi Terry,

Not sure if you need to uninstall first.  And sorry I meant 64 bit version (for this thread :)

Just download the ICE .msi again and Save As to a directory.

Then in that directory do the msiexece.exe /i etc.

If you get the VC redist check, just exit and send us the log file.

You might have to uninstall if it says there's already a version installed before it does the VC redist check.

Thanks!

--Howard

Saturday, February 14, 2015 5:51 PM
  • Howard, what's a good reply address for you? I did a simple reply to "forumsup@microsoft.com" wit the log and got a delivery failure. 

TerryL47

Saturday, February 14, 2015 6:50 PM
  • Terry,

hdview@microsoft.com is the support email address for ICE.

Does the installation error still happen for you when you are not in safe mode?

Thanks!
    Saturday, February 14, 2015 6:56 PM
    Owner
  • I uninstalled ICE and after rebooting, attempted to reinstall after a normal Windows startup. The installation failed and I received the "same old" message as before. I rebooted into Safe Mode and retried. ICE installed without a problem.
    Monday, February 16, 2015 1:59 PM
  • Thanks Terry. Were you able to try Howard's suggestion?

If you wouldn't mind helping us debug this issue further, here is a way to log what is happening during installation:

http://www.advancedinstaller.com/user-guide/qa-log.html

So if you could run "msiexec.exe /i ICE-2.0.2-for-32-bit-Windows.msi /L*V ICE.log" and then send us ICE.log that would be great, thanks!

Monday, February 16, 2015 3:44 PM
    Owner
  • I ran msiexec.exe while installing ICE over the existing installation and sent the log to forumsup@microsoft.com. Did you not receive?
    Monday, February 16, 2015 3:54 PM
  • Please send it to hdview@microsoft.com

Thanks.

Monday, February 16, 2015 5:43 PM
    Owner
  • I have installed redistributed C++ and restarted the Computer. ICE 32bit still doesn't install.
    Wednesday, February 18, 2015 12:57 PM
  • I was able to install it without entering safe mode by running an elevated command prompt and executing "msiexec.exe /i path-to-ice-msi"
    Sunday, March 1, 2015 6:31 AM
  • After encountering the same problem, I uninstalled the x84 (64-bit) version and installed the x64 (32-bit) version of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013 (http://www.microsoft.com/en-sg/download/details.aspx?id=40784).

Then I continued with the installation of the 64-bit version of Microsoft Image Composite Editor.

To my surprise it works. I don't know why it worked even though I've used the version for another system bit, but apparently it did the trick.

Sunday, March 1, 2015 11:10 AM
  • Thanks Rupert, this worked for me.  I ran a cmd.exe window using "Run as Administrator" and the command entry as you described, in my case "msiexec.exe /i g:\ICE-2.0.3-for-64-bit-Windows.msi" and it no longer threw the error regarding the already installing Visual C libraries.
    Tuesday, March 24, 2015 4:42 PM
    This worked for me as well.  (I had already installed the C++ libraries before trying the ICE install.)
    Thursday, May 7, 2015 2:34 AM
  • Was installing ICE 64 bit (on windows 7 64 bit), got the error "Image Composit Editor requires Visual C++ 2013 Runtime Libraries. Please install the Visual C++ Redistributable Package, then run this installer again... ." 

I went out and retrieved the  vcredist_x64.exe and installed it successfully, showing as Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable (x64) - 12.0.30501 in Programs and Features in Control Panel  

When I re-run ICE-2.0.3-for-64-bit-Windows.msi, I get the same error message saying that I don't have the runtime libraries installed.

Any ideas?

Thursday, May 28, 2015 4:52 AM
  • Trying to install Microsoft ICE.

Downloaded 64bit version, verified that my system is 64 bit.

On attempting installation, prompted for c++ install.

Downloaded all three C++ redistributable files.

Installed x86 and x64 version. Arm file won't install.

ICE installer STILL won't go, keeps saying I need c++.

Tried restarting, uninstalling all C++ versions and re-installing etc.

Still nothing.

Help? 

Monday, June 8, 2015 11:59 PM
  • I have just download "ICE-2.0.3-for-64-bit-Windows.msi" installer and during installation it claims about Visual C++ libraries. I click on "Yes" to download those libraries and installed it (in French and English). 

I try to run a cmd.exe using "Run as Administrator" and use the command "msiexec.exe /i ..." but it doesn't work. 

I've got the same problem. How can i solved it ? 

Thanks in advance. 

• Edited by Sylvain M Monday, July 20, 2015 6:42 AM
    Monday, July 20, 2015 6:40 AM
  • Thanks.  This solution worked for me as well.
    Monday, July 20, 2015 4:32 PM
  • Thank you, this worked for me.
    Friday, August 14, 2015 8:00 PM