Failed Backups RRS feed

• Question

• After successfully installing WHS 2011 & the connector on clients, have attempted to test out the backup service.  So far, all attempts have failed.  On looking for solutions, found one that could have been the cause.  Checked the backup service on both the server & clients & found that the service on the server was running as it should be, but the service on both clients were set to automatic but were not running.  This is surprising as in WHS v1, this was done automatically without any manual intervention required.

Stated the service on both clients & attempted backups again.  All failed as it was stated that the computers were either offline or not connected to the network.  Again, I found this surprising as from the launchpad on both clients, I can access Remote Access,Shared Folders & the Dashboard.  Thinking that it could be a backup configuration problem server side, attempted to check the backup config but found the same problem, computers either offline or not on the network.

Is this a bug or a problem at my end?

Monday, February 28, 2011 9:01 PM

Answers

• Not sure what is happening but I would try removing the clients off the server via the dashboard and uninstalling the client connector. Reboot the clients and re-install the connector and see what happens.

Up untill now, with the RC, I have not had any issue's with clients connections. Running Xp, win7 both 32 and 64 bit.

Dave

The Frog on the Lilypad at Home
    • Marked as answer by Sirius B Tuesday, March 1, 2011 10:22 AM
    Tuesday, March 1, 2011 12:01 AM

All replies

• Not sure what is happening but I would try removing the clients off the server via the dashboard and uninstalling the client connector. Reboot the clients and re-install the connector and see what happens.

Up untill now, with the RC, I have not had any issue's with clients connections. Running Xp, win7 both 32 and 64 bit.

Dave

The Frog on the Lilypad at Home
    • Marked as answer by Sirius B Tuesday, March 1, 2011 10:22 AM
    Tuesday, March 1, 2011 12:01 AM
  • Thanks Dave, that resolved the issue.
    Tuesday, March 1, 2011 10:22 AM