How the data in the tracking tables created by the Sync Framework is being purged? RRS feed

• Question

• While we’re looking into the database, we realized that the tracking tables created by the Sync Framework have been growing. So, a few questions come up: when does the Sync Framework purges the old data that is not needed anymore? Or how these tables are supposed to be maintained? Are they going to continue to grow?

Tuesday, May 29, 2012 7:03 PM

Answers

• the tracking table dont get cleaned up automatically. you have to run metadata clean up yourself.

check out SqlSyncStoreMetadataCleanup  in the documentation.

• Marked as answer by bli88 Wednesday, May 30, 2012 1:44 AM
    Tuesday, May 29, 2012 11:55 PM

All replies

• There should be a nearly 1to1 relationship to the base table plus some tombstones. I believe SyncFX cleans the tombstones out after they get synced but I could be wrong. 
    Tuesday, May 29, 2012 8:17 PM
  • Thanks for the reply, Cody!

Our system has been running a few months. The number of rows in the tracking table keeps going up. The very first record is still in the tracking table. So, it seems the SyncFX is not cleaning those rows. I'm not sure it's because we've not purged our base table since the beginning. Also, we just recently started purging the old data. After we purged the old data from the base table, the tracking table still has the rows corresponding those deleted rows.

Tuesday, May 29, 2012 9:29 PM
  • the tracking table dont get cleaned up automatically. you have to run metadata clean up yourself.

check out SqlSyncStoreMetadataCleanup  in the documentation.

• Marked as answer by bli88 Wednesday, May 30, 2012 1:44 AM
    Tuesday, May 29, 2012 11:55 PM