CRM 4.0 change default website to a new one RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone, 

Recently I installed a environment with CRM 4.0, SQL server 2005 in the same server, while during the installation I made a mistake that I instaledl it on default website which is not properly the way I wanted. I want it to be on a new website with the default 80 port.

I am asking to know if there is some way I can change the default website to a new one without big changes to the deployment.

Thanks. 

Tuesday, July 17, 2012 12:24 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Although technically you could update the registry and database entries that define which url is used for CRM - and then change the website mappings in IIS - I would recommend uninstalling and reinstalling CRM on the server, and attaching to your existing MSCRM_Config database rather than create a new one.

hth,

Scott

Scott Durow
    Read my blog: www.develop1.net/public
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

• Marked as answer by gyzan107 Tuesday, July 17, 2012 12:51 PM
    Tuesday, July 17, 2012 12:28 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hi,

Although technically you could update the registry and database entries that define which url is used for CRM - and then change the website mappings in IIS - I would recommend uninstalling and reinstalling CRM on the server, and attaching to your existing MSCRM_Config database rather than create a new one.

hth,

Scott

Scott Durow
    Read my blog: www.develop1.net/public
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

• Marked as answer by gyzan107 Tuesday, July 17, 2012 12:51 PM
    Tuesday, July 17, 2012 12:28 PM
    Answerer
  • Thanks Scott, 

Since mine is not a big deployment, and I have got the db backup of all the customization. 

seems reinstalling CRM is a proper solution. 

Tuesday, July 17, 2012 12:51 PM