My Lenovo Ideapad 100 overheated, and now the USB ports don't work?! RRS feed

• Question

• A few days ago my rather new (less than 2 months old) Lenovo Ideapad 100 (using windows 10)overheated because i left it on my bed sheets after closing it. I left it on the charger, on a wooden surface for the next 8 hours, and then reopened it, to find that my USB ports don't work! I bought a new mouse, still to no avail, (both are wired USB mouses). I tried both ports, and restarting the laptop, but nothing worked. Also it was quite buggy for a while after i reopened and started using it. With the new mouse, at one point whilst plugging in the USB wire, the red light at the bottom of the mouse flashes, and i tried to reach the sweet spot several times, but nothing worked. I even downloaded the troubleshooter (this one: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17614/automatically-diagnose-and-fix-windows-usb-problems), and went through the process, but this message showed up: "The USB controller is in a failed state or is not currently installed. The USB Controller must be installed or in a working state for this trouble shooter to run." 

Please help, it is impossible for me to adapt to the mouse pad, especially whilst gaming!

Thanks for any answers. 

PS I didn't know which category to put this issue under, so i chose the one that seemed most fitting.

• Edited by Firas Duval Tuesday, August 23, 2016 12:46 AM Made the details a little more specific
    Tuesday, August 23, 2016 12:36 AM

Answers

• This is for Windows Home Server so is the wrong forum. Try at answers.microsoft.com or ideally at a Lenovo site.

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

t
    • Edited by Phil Harrison Tuesday, August 23, 2016 12:54 AM
    • Marked as answer by Firas Duval Tuesday, August 23, 2016 3:56 PM
    Tuesday, August 23, 2016 12:53 AM

All replies

• This is for Windows Home Server so is the wrong forum. Try at answers.microsoft.com or ideally at a Lenovo site.

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

t
    • Edited by Phil Harrison Tuesday, August 23, 2016 12:54 AM
    • Marked as answer by Firas Duval Tuesday, August 23, 2016 3:56 PM
    Tuesday, August 23, 2016 12:53 AM
  • Thank you for the quick answer, and sorry for posting on the wrong forum.
    Tuesday, August 23, 2016 3:58 PM