Tanjay Updates CX700 RRS feed

• Question

• Is there another way of updating these CX700 without using the Update server ? 
    Tuesday, February 10, 2009 1:39 AM

All replies

• Unfortunately, no?  If you haven't taken a look at OCS 2007 R2 yet I'd highly recommend you do so.  In addition to a variety of new features the update server is now built in to the front end role and does not require the separate WSS and MgmtConsole installations that were so problematic in R1.
    Mike Stacy | Evangelyze Communications | http://www.evangelyze.net/cs/blogs/mike
    Tuesday, February 10, 2009 1:53 PM
  • Can I use the R2 Update server in my R1 deployment?

To clarify, we have a full R1 deployment w/o SUS.  Without changing DNS, can we get the Tanjay to update from the R2 Update Server?  Do we just need to tell the R1 server to point to the R2 Update Server location?

Thanks
    Tuesday, February 17, 2009 10:08 PM
  • You can.

The DNS record is used only for devices that have not signed to any OCS server. See this post for reference: http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/communicationsservertelephony/thread/6122adfa-d6e2-4d66-9ee3-7b2f58fd30b8

With other words, if you remove the DNS record for UcUpdates.sipdomain.com, the updates will be offered by the home server the user belongs to - could be either R1 or R2.

Drago
    Wednesday, February 18, 2009 12:15 AM
  • Hi,
    I have a tanjay with an old firmware 1.0.452.0 (1.23). The tanjay is connected remotely thru the Edge server.
    the tanjay works, but it is not detected by the R2 Update server.
    What to do?
    P.S. we have also a R1 environment without SUS, the tanjay never updated his firmware.

Thanks,
    Haroun Debbabi.
    Hosted OCS
    Wednesday, February 18, 2009 1:21 PM
  • You can update Tanjay devices via Edge if reverse proxy have been installed and configured.

Drago
    Wednesday, February 18, 2009 8:24 PM
  • Hi, I have OCS r1 with Update Server installed. My Tanjay says "Last Update Status 0x2f06". As far as i understand it meens that certificate field CN is incorrect. But what certifcate does it mean? Certificate of SPS server? or certificate of OCS server? Or what else?
    MCP, MCSA, MCSE 2003
    Thursday, April 2, 2009 2:41 PM