reactivate case scenario? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I need to reactivate a case that is currently resolved.  I need to do this via a custom Reactivate ribbon button.  I generally use a pattern of sending special requests to the PreCaseUpdate plugin through the use of a new_action field value used as a request parameter passed through the updateRecord REST API.

So, in this particular scenario, I tried to pass a new_action parameter of "Reactivate."  However, this does not make it to the PreCaseUpdate plugin because the incident is read-only at this point (Resolved). I get the following error message when I try to execute this request:

Error : 500: Internal Server Error: The object cannot be updated because it is read-only.

So I need to figure out the best way to make a request from a ribbon button to trigger some case reactivation logic.  I already have case reactivation code, so that's not a concern. What I need is some type of container for the logic that I can call/execute via javascript.  I can't do this via incident plugin because the case is read-only/resolved.  Any suggestions?
    Wednesday, April 2, 2014 10:35 PM

All replies

• I found the following reference for executing a workflow via js:

http://samantasayantan.wordpress.com/2012/10/05/crm-2011-execute-workflow-from-ribbon-button-javascript/

Is there a better/simpler way to do this or is this the best way?  Seems like a lot of code to do a simple action?

Wednesday, April 2, 2014 10:52 PM