Intergrating "Non-default Server Storage" back into the server RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I recently had the system drive on my Vail server totally fail. I am now in the process of rebuilding the server with a new drive and was not looking forward to copy all of my data back.

To my great supprise, after doing the installation on a new drive I have found a folder on a C: called "Non-default Server Storage 1" and much to my amazement it has all of my data in it. This is even down to the point that is shows up in the Dashboard. So the question is, is there anyway of getting the server to re-import this back as my shared drives.

JB

Monday, July 5, 2010 10:07 AM

All replies

• Yes, it's possible to promote "Non-default Server Storage". However, there are some bugs in this build which make it less than useful.

Your best course of action is likely to be to copy from non-default to default, move a drive, copy more data, etc.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Monday, July 5, 2010 12:04 PM
  • Ken, I assume that if I remove one of the drives from the Non-default pool, any data on it will get shuffled off onto another part of the Non-default pool (assuming there's the space). If this is the case, I should be able to move the data around without too much hastle.

JB

Monday, July 5, 2010 1:58 PM
  • Yes, that's the procedure I've done on my Vail box. Seems to work well, assuming enough space. When you get to the last disk, you'll need to copy that data over, I think.

Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/blogs/russel
      "John Benfield" wrote in message news:0416bc67-337e-4fcf-ad86-7e28f860636e@communitybridge.codeplex.com...

Ken, I assume that if I remove one of the drives from the Non-default pool, any data on it will get shuffled off onto another part of the Non-default pool (assuming there's the space). If this is the case, I should be able to move the data around without too much hastle.

JB

Charlie. http://msmvps.com/blogs/russel
    Monday, July 5, 2010 5:46 PM