none
Why was my post marked as spam?

Question

• I just tried to post the message below into the Hyper-V forum, and it was marked as Spam. The forum told me to post the message here if I feel it was marked as spam in error (it was), but it won't let me post it here either!  These forums are so frustrating.  So now what Microsoft?

-Keith Elkin

Thursday, January 12, 2017 9:45 PM

Answers

• We cannot tell, only a moderator in that forum can see the reasons for deleted posts. Most likely something triggered a spam filter. I'd send an email to fissue [at] microsoft [dot] com and they can investigate and or restore it.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Thursday, January 12, 2017 9:51 PM
  • I found your deleted post in this forum and saw that it was deleted by the spam filter. I see nothing wrong with the post. I can only guess why it was flagged. I just removed the abusive flag and undeleted it.

I would send an email to fissues [at] microsoft [dot] com, as Dave suggested, with a link to the undeleted post, and a link to the forum where you posted the question. I am not a moderator there.

Edit: Is this the forum where you posted?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-us/home?forum=winserverhyperv

Perhaps I can move the post I undeleted to where it belongs. Or you can wait for the forum admins, or a moderator, to restore your original post. I assume the spam filter won't delete a post I restored, but I cannot be sure (will be interesting to find out).

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

Thursday, January 12, 2017 10:47 PM

All replies

• We cannot tell, only a moderator in that forum can see the reasons for deleted posts. Most likely something triggered a spam filter. I'd send an email to fissue [at] microsoft [dot] com and they can investigate and or restore it.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Thursday, January 12, 2017 9:51 PM
  • I found your deleted post in this forum and saw that it was deleted by the spam filter. I see nothing wrong with the post. I can only guess why it was flagged. I just removed the abusive flag and undeleted it.

I would send an email to fissues [at] microsoft [dot] com, as Dave suggested, with a link to the undeleted post, and a link to the forum where you posted the question. I am not a moderator there.

Edit: Is this the forum where you posted?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-us/home?forum=winserverhyperv

Perhaps I can move the post I undeleted to where it belongs. Or you can wait for the forum admins, or a moderator, to restore your original post. I assume the spam filter won't delete a post I restored, but I cannot be sure (will be interesting to find out).

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

Thursday, January 12, 2017 10:47 PM