crm 4.0 custom entity mirroring RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am using CRM 4.0 onpremise version. I have new custom entity created. What i want is, i need to display it in navigation panel of Opportunity, Quote and Order. I just want to create relationship between my Opportunity and new custom entity. That means, new entity should disply in quotes and Orders also but it depends on Projects. Means, Quotes and Orders must be created from Project otherwise it should not display. And also if i add new record/remove any record in customentity under quote/order level, it should be done under Project level only.

Can anyone suggest me on this?

Tuesday, April 9, 2013 3:14 PM

All replies

• Hi,

If you want to show some entity  (A) in the left navigation of another entity (B), then you need to create 1:n relationship between A and B. so in case you need you entity in left navigation of quotes and order, you need to follow the same. In order to restrict it project, could you provide some information how your project entity is related to your other entities ??

Contact Me
    Follow me on Twitter
    My Facebook Page
    Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Application Design
    Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.

Tuesday, April 9, 2013 3:39 PM
  • Thanks for the reply Mahendar.

Yes i agree that i have to create 1:N relationship. I just want to create relationship between Opportunity(Project) and newly created entity and that newly created entity which will get displayed in left side panel of opportunity, should also display at Quote and Order level for all quotes and orders of that Opportunity(Project). Hope i am able to make you understand my question.

Wednesday, April 10, 2013 5:37 AM
  • Hello,

If I understand your requirement correctly you are using opportunity as Project and you have custom entity, which you want to relate to opportunity,quote and order. so when you will create relationship with opportunity,quote and order (same 1:n), so you will get lookup in your opportunity,quote and order entity ( you can set mapping for this custom field, you won't be able to do it directly, there is a workaround that I have not tried or you can write plugin to map the same) so when you will create quote and order from your opportunity entity this lookup will be mapped and you will be able to see only those records for your custom entity which is related opportunity record (because the same record is associated with quote and order).

HTH

Contact Me
    Follow me on Twitter
    My Facebook Page
    Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Application Design
    Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.

Wednesday, April 10, 2013 6:15 AM