I Want to Become a MS Dynamics CRM Developer... OMG... Where Does a 54 Year Old RPG Programmer Start??? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am a former IT Director who has been programming in RPG on an iSeries <Now an IBM Power 8> for the last 26 years. I have spent the past year trying to find another job as an RPG Developer and I'm not having any luck and I'm not getting any younger. What I Have been seeing, more than anything out there on the job boards, is numerous jobs for Dynamics CRM Developers. I have just started looking into this venture and I'm clueless as to where to start. Any advice for an aging developer on a shoestring educational budget???

Thanks,

ConchWife

Tuesday, July 12, 2016 2:42 PM

All replies

• Just a couple ideas...maybe you could get an online license or try a free trial for 2015/2016 online and go through the tutorials that MSDN provides for free. Pluralsight also has CRM courses, but they may be geared more towards CRM 2011.

Have you tried contacting MSFT partners (consulting firms)? There are numerous LinkedIn groups geared towards CRM. I would leverage all your connections.

Also, know that a CRM developer doesn't just work in CRM. I do SSIS and SSRS in conjunction with CRM so maybe you can leverage your skills that relate to CRM as well.

Best of luck out there!!!!

Mike Karls

Wednesday, July 13, 2016 6:19 PM