none
Editing a post corrupts the code window RRS feed

Answers

• Yeah, three are a few bugs around edit and resubmission of code that this might happen to. We are working on it. Is this what you want it to look like?

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/msdnsandbox/thread/caa68743-26b8-4c68-a83d-e2b739dcac8a 

Let me know and I'll go in and fix that (or try to).

Community Forums Program Manager

Friday, February 10, 2012 11:51 PM
    Answerer
  • I have used your example to update the original post and it now looks OK.

The editing problems appear to be associated with the delay in the edit window becoming active.  I have made these changes on a machine with W7 and IE8 and things are working a little better.  The original machine was Vista and IE8 and it is now quite unusable for MSDN newsgroups. This one isn't great, but at least I can get the caret in the edit window within two or three attempts.

EDIT: Pkease ignore the comment about W7/Vista - I made that change at about the same time that the latest changes went in.  Performance with both machines is essentially the same: somewhat better than it was immediately after the upgrade, but still worse than the previous version.
    Saturday, February 11, 2012 7:25 AM

All replies

• Yeah, three are a few bugs around edit and resubmission of code that this might happen to. We are working on it. Is this what you want it to look like?

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/msdnsandbox/thread/caa68743-26b8-4c68-a83d-e2b739dcac8a 

Let me know and I'll go in and fix that (or try to).

Community Forums Program Manager

Friday, February 10, 2012 11:51 PM
    Answerer
  • I have used your example to update the original post and it now looks OK.

The editing problems appear to be associated with the delay in the edit window becoming active.  I have made these changes on a machine with W7 and IE8 and things are working a little better.  The original machine was Vista and IE8 and it is now quite unusable for MSDN newsgroups. This one isn't great, but at least I can get the caret in the edit window within two or three attempts.

EDIT: Pkease ignore the comment about W7/Vista - I made that change at about the same time that the latest changes went in.  Performance with both machines is essentially the same: somewhat better than it was immediately after the upgrade, but still worse than the previous version.
    Saturday, February 11, 2012 7:25 AM