locked
Hebrew Strings cannot display correctly on Windows 8 Hebrew OS( Arabic as well) RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi Guys,

    I get a problem on windows 8. My project is based on .net 2.0, C# and supports several languages include Hebrew and Arabic. 

    the Hebrew or Arabic strings can display correctly on window 7, vista and XP Hebrew or Arabic OS. But on window 8 Hebrew or Arabic OS, some garbage strings appeal at the beginning and the end of the string like below:

    

    the strings are in a TXT file and compiled to .resource file. the project is developed on window 7 English OS. 

    Does anyone know why ? 

    thanks a lot.

    Lizzy

    • Moved by Mike Feng Friday, April 26, 2013 12:39 PM
    Wednesday, April 24, 2013 9:15 AM

Answers

All replies

  • Lizzy,

    This is a developers forum. 

    A better place to ask this kind of questions is in the Technet forums. 

    If something runs on W7 it must run also on W8 so it should not be done with making programs solely for one Windows OS dedicated.

    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w8itprogeneral/threads


    Success
    Cor

    • Proposed as answer by Mike Feng Friday, April 26, 2013 12:38 PM
    • Marked as answer by Just Karl Friday, October 18, 2013 3:16 PM
    Wednesday, April 24, 2013 9:23 AM
  • Hi Cor,

    actually i am also the developer of the project. i got transferred recently. the project works well on all languages and all OSs before Windows 8.

    i have no idea how could i fix this problem.

    thanks for your reply, i also post the question in the threads you mentioned. 

    Lizzy.

    Wednesday, April 24, 2013 9:39 AM