Favorites keep becoming unsorted by name RRS feed

• Question

• I have a pretty simple favorites mesh setup between two machines both running vista. A couple times a day mesh seems to mess with the favorites sorting i.e. I have to right click and sort by name again. Is this just something that I'll have to live with if I want to keep these folders in sync?
    • Changed type Ben [Live Mesh] Thursday, May 15, 2008 8:37 PM Edit as Answered
    Thursday, May 15, 2008 12:12 AM

Answers

• That's correct, using the Favorite causes a write to the file. Live Mesh sees the write and syncs it out.
    Akash Sagar
    Thursday, May 15, 2008 5:05 AM

All replies

• Is it putting favorites you recently visited at the bottom of the list? I suspect that Live Mesh sees the fav files as updated when accessed, hence an update via the mesh and a mess in your sort order.
    I don't sync Favorites in Live Mesh, but do with FolderShare. Only new Favorites end up out of order when synched from another machine. Accessing a Favorites isn't causing updates to sync. However, at work I Sync with Synctoy between a few machines and any Favorite I have accessed is copied over by SyncToy.
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare Forum Moderator
    Thursday, May 15, 2008 12:48 AM
  • yea that does seem like exactly what is happening. Just using  favorites link updates the fav icon or something. I imagine this may not be a mesh problem specifically, but maybe MS can do something the others can't with this. I imagine not, but figured I'd bring it up.
    Thursday, May 15, 2008 1:38 AM
  • That's correct, using the Favorite causes a write to the file. Live Mesh sees the write and syncs it out.
    Akash Sagar
    Thursday, May 15, 2008 5:05 AM