Alerts stopped working again? RRS feed

Answers

• The following also applies to alerts:

What should I do if I’m not seeing the points or achievements expected?

We’ve designed the Recognition System to be as real time as possible; however if things get busy it may take up to 24 hours to process the points and/or achievements.

If you do not see your updates after that time, please click the Site Feedback link at the bottom of this page. Please include any information you can to help us identify the missing points or achievements.

Rich Prescott | Infrastructure Architect, Windows Engineer and PowerShell blogger | MCITP, MCTS, MCP

Engineering Efficiency
    @Rich_Prescott
    Client System Administration tool
    AD User Creation tool
    Wednesday, November 2, 2011 11:15 PM
  • Alerts seem to be working fine at the moment from what I can tell. No recent reported outtages. We are looking at changing a back end smtp server though, probably  next week. We expect this to resolve some spf record issues and make the emails look less like spam to the various email clients.
    Community Forums Program Manager
    Friday, November 4, 2011 5:04 AM
    Answerer
  • Yes, which is why we are attempting to move to use the smpt servers the hotmail folks want us to move to. 
    Friday, November 4, 2011 11:16 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• The following also applies to alerts:

What should I do if I’m not seeing the points or achievements expected?

We’ve designed the Recognition System to be as real time as possible; however if things get busy it may take up to 24 hours to process the points and/or achievements.

If you do not see your updates after that time, please click the Site Feedback link at the bottom of this page. Please include any information you can to help us identify the missing points or achievements.

Rich Prescott | Infrastructure Architect, Windows Engineer and PowerShell blogger | MCITP, MCTS, MCP

Engineering Efficiency
    @Rich_Prescott
    Client System Administration tool
    AD User Creation tool
    Wednesday, November 2, 2011 11:15 PM
  • Alerts seem to be working fine at the moment from what I can tell. No recent reported outtages. We are looking at changing a back end smtp server though, probably  next week. We expect this to resolve some spf record issues and make the emails look less like spam to the various email clients.
    Friday, November 4, 2011 5:04 AM
    Answerer
  • @Brent
    I've noticed that different Hotmail servers treat notifications differently. Some servers allow them through unremarked, others flag them as suspicious. The problem is not entirely at your end.

Noel
    Friday, November 4, 2011 7:49 PM
  • Yes, which is why we are attempting to move to use the smpt servers the hotmail folks want us to move to. 
    Friday, November 4, 2011 11:16 PM
    Answerer
  • Ha! I know I marked lots of answers, but they all answer the issue in different ways! Talk about community trying to help!
    Ed Price a.k.a User Ed, Microsoft Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)
    Tuesday, November 15, 2011 6:10 PM