activation RRS feed

• Question

• I resently re-installed my operating system(XP Proffesional). I typed in the product key. I was prompted to re-activate within 3 days online or via telephone. I tried on line, but was given an option of updating to Windows 7. I noticed that there was another tab that gives me the option for XP yet with nothing that shows where to click for activation. the following day when I come home from work, I tried to boot up and I noticed a message that comes with the genuine microsoft logo prompting me to activate. I logged on yet onother message with Yes/No option to activate now was desplayed. I clicked yes and as a result, all that I can see on the desktop is the backgroung, therefore it is practically blank. I telephoned 0113617000 and I choosed option one. I altimately end up with a consultant who gave me another number (0860225567) and when i called that Number they refer me to the previous number. That happened for the past two days. At this Juncture, I've lost hope on as to how am I going to get my computer up and runnig because everytime I call I get a new person but the same response. Please help.
    Saturday, June 25, 2011 5:54 PM

Answers

All replies

• In order to analyze and troubleshoot your issue, please download and run the  Microsoft Genuine Advantage Diagnostic Tool.  Then click on the  Continue  button, the  Copy  button, and then paste in this thread.  Thank you!

Carey Frisch
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Wednesday, June 29, 2011 10:33 PM
    Saturday, June 25, 2011 8:11 PM
  • no reply from the Original Poster.

Issue is assumed to be resolved.

Darin MS
    Wednesday, June 29, 2011 10:33 PM